We're not meant to be :/

Sorry for the late update ..
Do check out the new cover 4 d book!!
This chap is dedicated to my liitle sis omahazeeya for her great support and for being my crazy friend.,also for the awesome cover pics u gave..U are such a sweetheart 😘😘❤

Neha's pov:

I curled up into a ball with my knees folded up , hugged my pillow tightly.I was hardly trying to sleep. But I could'nt. It was only Arjun flashing before my eyes.His thoughts were eating me up.
"At times he annoys me, but the next second he cares for me. The way he comforted me when I struggled during the bike rides with him ,that day when he guessed that I was hungry". But with these gestures I can't decide anything. May be this is his nature . Also their is already someone in his life. The thing that he has a girlfriend created a flinch of pain in my heart.
There is nothing between us ,then why do I feel such emptiness??

"It might be a crush , but I don't love him ,also I can't love him at all .
He is ..He is something beyond my level and he is my bestie's brother , moreover he is the son of a rich business man and I am nothing before his status also I am more like a orphan now. I have no family. "In these situations how could I even think of loving him.

"It's wrong Neha..Even if he doesn't have a girl friend you must not do this . It will bring only more of pain..It's better to bottle up these feelings in the begining stage itself. "

So I decided upon two things to be done in the least. The first thing, I should let go off his thoughts and the next thing , I should find another job soon and leave his sight.

Arjun's pov:

I couldn't sleep. It was only Neha's thoughts taunting me. I was in a state of utter confusion. Few days back she was normal ,we even befriended each other. But now she is totally behaving unearthly. Was she sad because Abhay left?? , because he said that she doesn't have any other friends rather than him. She had lost her parents too. She will be feeling very lonely. "But was it the correct reason ?

"Shall I ask Abhay what her problem is..?"
"No I can't ! What if he takes me wrong??" I laid my hands underneath my head and stared at the ceiling in random thoughts of Neha.

The next day the first thing I did was got ready and went to the office early, I didn't go for the practise. I wanted to make sure she is fine. I reclined on to my chair and waited for her to come. I was checking the cctv updates.Atlast I saw her entering the doorway dressed in a blue jean and a purple shrug outlining a white tee. She looked so elegant in the outfit. She hastily walked to her seat .Once settled down ,She took a bottle from her tote and gulped down the water , then she adjusted the front fringe of her hair. I was chuckling seeing all her actions. Now without wasting a single minute I made a call through the intercom and asked her to bring the details of a project.
Yeahh that's just a reason :p I called her only to see her and make things clear.

She strode into my cabin .

"Hi Neha!!Good morning" I said in a pleasent tone. I didn't wanna annoy her anymore.

"Good morning sir"she said.

"Sir..But you agreed to call me Arjun right?? "I asked her confusingly.

"You are my boss. It's not fair to address my superior like that"she replied in a formal way.

"Arghh what happened to this girl.."

She interupted me" Sir here are the details of the project you asked for !"..she gave me the files.

I got it from her hands, closed it and placed it before me. Now straight away I looked into her face. I sensed a blunt reaction in her face.While I was reading her face for my answers, She interupted me again "If there is nothing else shall I leave.??,"

While looking at her stubborn face in confusion , my phone buzzed . I had kept the mobile for charging at the edge of table where Neha was standing. So I eyed her asking to take the mobile. She snatched the mobile from the charger plug and gave it to me.

It was Nikkil.

I answered him.."Nikki ! Please wait for me. I had a few works to finish off. I'll be there in a hour..By the way is our tickets to Thailand ready? ?"

"Yeah I spoke to the agency and our flight is at 3.00 p.m tomorrow.Now you come fast ! Don't miss the last day you got to practise."He replied back.

"Ok ok will come soon Nikki . Bye!" with that I dropped my phone on the table.

"Thank you sir I'll leave" she said and paced out of my cabin.

Again I felt that something was wrong with her and she was not all okay. But I could'nt guess anything also I had no time to think about it now. So I decided to keep this things for later.

I assigned few works to be finished and left to my racing academy. Always when it comes to racing,the other things had to wait..It was not easy to pursue this passion. I never like to lose, and this time too I was very keen on that.

The next day I had to fly to Thailand for the race. I just informed my parents that I am attending a meeting out station. When my dad queried about the details. I just took my phone ,pretended to be busy and escaped from the place.

FIM Asia Road Racing Championship,
Chang International Circuit, Buriram,Thailand.

Arjun, decked in his one-piece black and red protective leather jackets, safety hand gloves , leather boots strolled forward holding his flip face helmet. His entire outlook matched his super bike. He over boarded on to his super bike and buckled the helmet. He tucked down and wraped his body over the tank to be as aerodynamic as possible . Now Arjun was on the track , all set to drift in the air.

The race began

The race began..
3 ....2 .....1

He paced forward twisting the handle bars , He applied a little force to his wrists and accelerated more and swifted forward in the track.

He rode at a vigorous speed..

Everyone was expecting Arjun to come first. He was racing forward like a wind.

All of a sudden Arjun faced a low side crash , as the rear tyre lost traction and his bike slided out low side in such way it leaned towards the ground .

There were screams and scowls from everywhere. People were freaking out in panic.

Arjun somehow managed to get back, He had minimal injuries as he had his protective gears on..He throttled even more faster and strode forward taking back his previous position.

At the end of last lap all we could hear was the terrible sound of motor bikes rushing and over taking each other.

Finally it was Arjun who won..!!

After giving victorious poses with his bike to the magazines, He was now freed from the crowd.

He changed into his casuals , setted his hair gazing the mirror .Only that time he noticed few bruises on his hand.

Nikkil took the medicine kit and gave him first aid. Since their return flight was only on the next day , they decided to roam around the city. When Nikkil went to get ready, Arjun searched for his mobile and he grasped it from the draw ,switched on the phone and unlocked the screen.

"Neha " he murmured softly more of a whisper.

Hope u liked the chapter.I promise to update soon..