Game Changer

What Do You Mean? A Cliche Love Story Chapter; 22

Have you ever been in a situation where you were lost for words? A situation where you were so caught up in another person's attitude, words, looks or actions that you were speechless, voiceless, or dumbstruck? It was like you wanted to say something, anything but nothing was audible, and the little efforts you made were incoherent, and confusing. Throughout middle school, my sixth grade year, some girls would pick on me, call me names and it would make me so angry. They didn't know what I was going through or my story, they just judged me on my looks that didn't fit their views. Every time they called me fat or portly, I would be so infuriated that no words came out, not a single come back or insult, nothing. I was in a situation similar to those from my past, only the guy that I found undeniably attractive was standing in front of me asking me on a date, and I was speechless.

Levi was staring at me, I knew that I hadn't given him a response and I was slightly realizing he was getting anxious.

My eyes enlarge as I peer at him. "Like, by ourselves?" I ask. My heart was beating fast as he stood a few feet away from me. I knew that Levi found me attractive but I didn't think it was on a dating level of attractiveness. Sure he was cute but at the end of the day, I wasn't sure if he was someone I saw myself with, although he had changed since our first encounter, his attitude still needed improvement. Then again I could not decipher my feelings for Levi, it was an on again off again type of situation.

"Like just me and you. There's this place I know that has the best Japanese food, and I would like to show it to you." He assertively announces.

I gape at him in astonishment. "So your asking me on a date?" I question trying to assure I wasn't missing anything out.

"Yes, Raevyn! I'm asking you out on a date. Just give me your answer already." He exclaims clearly perturbed.

I smirk at him, amused by his outburst. Maybe going out with him wouldn't hurt, it would take my mind off of last week events, and I could have a little fun. Levi on the other hand was very vexing, so my decision was rather difficult. I take a deep breath, Stony was always telling me to take chances because you only live once, but what if Levi was the wrong choice? I already knew that the answer wouldn't be known unless I went down this road. So I took a chance, a really big one.

I clear my throat loving the suspense that he was enduring. "Sure, Levi."

His eyes go big. "Foreal?" He questions unsure if I'm messing with him. The sun begins to set as we talk.

I smile. "Yes, Levi i will go on a date with you." I repeat my last response with the conformation that I will accompany him on a date with just the two of us.

He returns my smile with a smirk. "Great, How does Friday sound?" He asks peering at me. I notice he didn't just give me a date and demand that I be I'm available that day. Instead he asked me, to make sure I was open, the thought was sincere.

"Yeah I should be available if not i'll let you know." I reply. He takes a step away from my room and into the hallway.

"Alright see you later, peaches." He states before disappearing. I sigh as I lay back against my headboard. I squeal with happiness, Levi actually did something with his feelings, I give him props because rejection is the worst feeling, yet he went into this conversation being optimistic. I was just praying that everything worked out.

========

Thursday was a drag to say the least and I wanted the day to go fast. I was excited to go out with Levi, yet I felt that Stony and Cameron were more excited than me. When I told them I received a lot of 'I told you so' by Stony who constantly told me that Levi liked me. Of course she went out of her way to pick out my outfit, that was changing by the hour, but I appreciated her enthusiasm. The thought of seeing Levi and going out with him brightened my day, and encouraged me to finish the endless moment.