Running And Revelations

What Do You Mean? A Cliche Love Story Chapter 28

Raevyn's P.O.V

It was dark. I liked to sleep with all the lights off and just allow the darkness to nestle me. But this darkness was off. It wasn't the 'morning will come soon' it was a subtle shade of black that engulfed me. I sat up in bed rubbing my eyes sleepily, I glance at my phone, it's bright screen illuminating my room. The time read eleven pm, as I clicked off the phone I threw it on the other side of my bed before shifting out my cloud of comfort and out the door of my room.

I had decided with summer coming and all that I would have to do something. My grandmother's home was inviting and it felt like home- at least to me it did. Zacora was stubborn just like our mother and she has always been. I have come to the conclusion that no matter what I do, my mom will always be sitting on a pedestal-for her. Zacora idealized her, without knowing that crack and heroin and vodka, or rum was the god that she clung to. So I think that having Zacora move back in with mom at the end of the summer was her best bet. She would be a freshman and at an age where she could make her own decisions. She was constantly trying to go back to her anyway so why fight? Maybe after being around her for some time without me or Quincy shielding her from my mother and her problems, would show her- how impossible our mother really was.

I grab the glass in the top cupboard of the house and rinse it out before grabbing the pitcher of ice-cold water that sat in the refrigerator, patiently waiting to be drunk. After finishing my glass and thinking over the changes that were going to have to take place, I hear my phone ring faintly. I dash back up the stairs and to my room to see the screen go back dark. I press the button resulting in that stupid light blinding me, again. It read Missed Call from Levi and I scrunch my eyes up at the name on the screen.

My phone beeped notifying me that it was dying since I forgot to charge it last night. I place it on the charger as I contemplate replying. I did not want to call him back-- I couldn't. We hadn't talked in a month and with graduation approaching, I just wanted to move on. Heck in a couple of months I probably wouldn't even see his adorning hazel eyes, or his defined jaw, or his dangerous smile, the one that roped me into him. That shined through any day or his full lips that passionately kissed me. That captured me and wouldn't let go-Nah I wouldn't miss him. If I went to Chicago I wouldn't even have to think about missing him. Plus I had family up there, cousins who would cheer me up and change the course of my downing mind. But as I glanced at his name, something just felt off. He would not call in at 12 in the morning unless it was urgent, like when his dad said he was coming back into town. Before I could even call him back, seconds after missing his call, he texted me. As I clicked on his contact old texts popped up. Texts from the night of our date looked at me, asking if I remembered the conversation.

I did.

Levi had left my house and went home, I had texted him thank you...