Part 12: Education

I was awake but I didn't move.

I was spooning Amber. At some point in the night she moved over, and the last thing I was going to do was push her away. At the moment, I was just admiring her. She had really thick hair with shades of brown throughout that fell a little past her shoulders. When we had our run in the woods at Wisdom, I realized her hair could look different colors depending on how the light hit her. Her eyebrows were dark and arched over once again eyes that were shades of brown, darkening and lightening with her mood. They were closed now, and I saw how long her straight thick lashes were. Her nose was somewhat angular yet not. But her lips always looked ready to be kissed, at least to me....I looked over her shoulder down the front of her body. Though draped with a sheet, I saw those curves, some muscular, some completely feminine. I was a bit of a hard body, and I wondered how she could feel so soft and so firm at the same time. I liked it. I liked her.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. It was urgent. I watched Amber's eyes open and widen in alert. She froze for two seconds and rolled out of bed. She was in a dark blue long sleeveless goddess nightgown. She stared at me for a few seconds. "You're dressed?"

I pulled back the covers to show her the sleep pants I was wearing, also dark blue. I smiled at her. She showered second. Did she match me on purpose?

She turned toward the door and opened it. "Yes?"

"Good morning, alpha, alphina," Hannah breathed. "Sorry to bother you--"

Amber raised a hand.

"Another couple."

"What kind?"

"Wolf and human."

She rolled her eyes. "Bet they're from Jiro's." She got her robe, and started toward the door.

"We're not getting dressed?"

"No matter what I wear, I am leader," she stated. "I ended a dispute in a bathing suit once, and I go to your father's stupid hearings in jeans." Hannah had already turned to go, and she was about to follow. "Are you coming? Put on a shirt!"

I scrambled out of bed, and put on a dark t-shirt and slip ons, catching up to Hannah and Amber before they went through the outer set of suite doors. We headed down the stairs to an office. There was one whole part of the house that looked more like an office building but was still conducive to the style of the house.

"Go get them." Amber told Hannah, who nodded quickly. "Start breakfast. We'll feed them here." Hannah nodded again as if she already knew and left.

"Would you grab those two seats over there for me?" she asked

"Would you grab those two seats over there for me?" she asked. "Oh, and get one for yourself."

I moved quickly. "What is this?"

"I have a few offices, and a meeting room," she explained. "I have a huge meeting room. I have an office I really do work in. I have an office I only meet officials in. And there is this one."