•Mara's POV•

I've been blindfolded for what feels like the last two hours, I have no idea where we're going but I guess that's exactly what Cam wants.

I was glad when Ryder didn't come after me, he obviously got my message. I didn't want the pack to be attacked, there were too many women and children there and I think Ryder knew that too.

I feel myself going down and realise that we are descending down an elevator. When we stop, we come out and I hear something like metal-against-metal and then I'm pushed forward and thrown to the ground.

"Did I not tell you to be careful with her you idiot!" I hear Cam's voice boom.

Footsteps approach me and someone takes off my blindfold, my eyes don't really have to adjust to the light, since there isn't much down hear.

Cam appears in front of me and caresses my cheek, "You need to stay here for a while beautiful, but once it's more safe I'll let you out."

"I can go home?" I ask.

He frowns, "No, you'll stay here with me and we will become mates, happily living our lives together."

"You're sick." I hiss.

"And you're fiesty, but you'll calm down, you just need to learn." He says and walks out of the bars.

Bars?

I look around and see he's locked my in a prison cell, cement walls behind me and to my sides with old metal bars running along the front.

I run up to the bars and wrap my hands around them, "Please don't do this."

He shakes his head, "You need to learn."

"Learn what?" I ask.

He just turns around and the guard that must of thrown me in here follows after him.

"At least tell me why I can't mind-link with my mate!" I shout to Cam.

He stops and turns around, thinking about his options.

"I have been studying different types of vegetation in this area, testing the effect I could have on certain things. One plant I came across, I realised could cut off mind-link if it's used in a certain way. For about half a year, I have been inserting the plant cells into my bloodstream and any werewolf I am around instantly can't mind-link anyone, as anyone can't mind-link them." He explains.

"But why?" I ask.

He just smirks at me and walks into the elevator, disappearing behind the steel doors.

I sink to the ground and let a tear fall, this wasn't supposed to happen, he wasn't supposed to lock me away.

Now Ryder is probably just waiting for me to return and he doesn't realise that I am actually stuck here now.

"Are you okay?" I here a weak voice ask.

I look around and a girl appears in the cell in front of me, the darkness hiding her when she's near the back wall.

I check for injury and nod, "I'm fine. How long have you been in here?" I ask.

She shakes her head, "I have no idea, but it feels like a long time."

"How old were you when he took you here?" I ask.

"Sixteen." She replies.

"And you're a, werewolf?" I ask.

She nods, "Yeah."

"Did you ever meet your mate?" I ask.

She purses her lips, "That's the thing, I woke up here and couldn't remember really anything."