Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Star

“I'm not sure I know how to pronounce this or if it's not actually a misspelling” the doctor said holding a clipboard “just call him Stiles” Style's dad said a little mad “okay”. The doctor turned to Stiles “Stiles, just to warn you, you're going to hear a lot of noise during the MRI. It's due to pulses of electricity going through metal coils inside the machine. Uh, if you want we can get you earplugs or headphones”. “Oh, no, no, I don't need anything” Stiles said as the doctor nodded and left Scott, Style's dad, and I alone.

“Hey, we're just on the other side of that window” Stiles dad said as he hugged him and walked out of the room leaving Scott and I alone with Stiles “I'll give you gyes a minuet” I said about to walk out. “Wait, you can stay” Stiles said as I stood there “ok” I said “okay. You know what they're looking for, right, it's called frontotemporal dementia. Areas of your brain start to shrink, it's what my mother had, it's the only form of dementia that can hit teenagers. And there's no cure” Stiles said “Stiles, if you have it, we'll do something. I'll do something” Scott said as Stiles looked up at us.

Scott hugged Scott and then me as we all had a quick group hug “you'll be fine Stiles, your probable just being the crazy you” I said with a smile making Stiles do a small smile as well as we left. We where on the other side of the window looking s Stiles went in “okay, Stiles. This will take about 45 minutes to an hour, now remember, try not to move, even just a little bit. Stiles, you're going to hear that noise now, it's going to be a loud clanging. Kind of like a hammer hitting an anvil” the doctor said as he started it.

I looked over and saw Derek still was here as he pointed to Scott “Scott” I said as he looked at me then saw Derek and left the room while I staid in.

Scott
“You know the stuff you we're telling me about chemo signals earlier? It reminded me of the time you we're teaching me to use anger to control the shift” I said as we set down in the hallway across from each other. “I think you ended up teaching me more about that” Derek said with a smile “are you teaching me again” “think of it more like sharing a few trade secrets. You know, I took Cora back to South America, right, it's where she spent most of her time after the fire. But that's not the only reason I left I needed to talk to my mother” Derek said.

I looked at him confused “your dead mother” “she told me something that changed my perspective on a lot of things. She said that my family didn't just live in Beacon Hills, they protected it. This town needs someone to protect it, someone like you” Derek said as I looked ta him “and Star, sometimes” I said as Derek smiled “and someone like you to teach me a few trade secrets”. All of a sudden something hit me “what” Derek asked “he was trying to protect us. Stiles was protecting us, from himself” I said.

We quick went up on the ruff of the hospital “what are we looking for” Derek asked “I'm not sure, but I think Stiles wasn't just up here struggling with himself” I said. I pointed to a wire that seemed to be cut” “I think he was struggling not to do something” I finsihed.

Star

We stood on the other side of the mirror “see this, the tissue here and there. Both those spots are showing signs of atrophy, I'm sorry” the doctor said as I looked at Style's dad as placed a hand on his shoulder “I'm so sorry” I said as he looked at me “fix him” Style's dad said to me mad as Melissa polled him to the side.

All of a sudden the electricity starts to go in and out “what was that” I asked “it sounded like a power surge” the doctor said as the power went completely out then came back on. Style's dad looked threw the window where Style's would be but he wasn't there anyore “where's my son” Style's dad yelled.

I quick left the room to go tell Derek and Scott.

Stiles

I finished tying my shoe as I walked down the hallway as everyone else ran the other way then I stopped when everyone was gone and there stood a woman. Noshiko, Kira's mom. “You know me” I said with a smile “then you remember that I won't be deterred by your choice of host. Even if it's an innocent boy” she said “are you threatening us, now I'm threatening you. We're not really afraid of your little fireflies” I said “if the oni can't defeat you, I know a few people that can who will” she said.

“Who your precious daughter” I say “yes her, but also another” she said as I looked at her a little confused before smiling again and walking away.

Star

I quick ran to the ruff, as I went threw the door I stopped in my tracts a I saw the electrical wire flying around. “Oh my god” I said as the electrical wire seemed like it was coming towards me. I quick turned to run but it rapped itself around me and went to fly off the building. “Star” Scott and Derek both yelled as I quick grabbed onto the side of the building and Derek and Scott both grabbed my arms trying to poll me up.

Finally I kicked it off as Derek and Scott helped me up and I fell in Derek's arms as we sat there not realizing that the electrical wire was going towards Kira down below us.