Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Stiles

“Dr. Gardner's not back until next week, do you want to try waiting for one of the urgent care doctors or” before the lady at the desk in the hospital could finish Scott's mom walked up to me “Stiles are you all right” “I don't know. I guess, I guess not really” I said “all right, kiddo come with me” Melissa said as we walked into one of the rooms. “What's wrong” she asked me “blackouts, but not for that long and sleepwalking, which I used to do a lot as a kid. Um Also having some really bad anxiety” I said.

“Panic attacks” Melissa asked me “yeah, a couple, oh, and I temporarily lost the ability to read, but that might have had more to do with this giant magic tree and a whole human sacrifice thing” I said. “I recall something vaguely about that, yes; how many hours of sleep are you getting” “eight” I said “a night” Melissa said as she went to write it down.

“In the last three days, yeah, definitely eight” I said thinking about it for a second “been feeling irritable” “yeah, possibly to the point of homicide” I said thinking of how I could have written the note to kill Kira and Star. “Impulsive behavior” “more than my usual” I asked “hard to tell” “vivid dreams during the day” Melissa asked “okay, basically all of the above. Do you know what this is” I asked her.

She looked at what she wrote down “I think so” she grabbed a needle “uh, what's that” I asked “do you trust me” she asked me as she maid me lay down. “When you're not holding a needle” I said a little nervous “its a sedative” “why'd you give me a sedative” I asked as she put the needle in my arm “because you, Stiles, are one profoundly sleepdeprived young man. You need rest and you need it now”.

“Okay, how long's it take to Oh” I said as I felt the effect and I started to get tired “not long at all. Get some rest” Melissa said turning off the light and covering me up “thanks, Mom” I said not really knowing what I was saying.

Star

Scott and Kira called me over to Scott's house because they wanted me over there in case something where to happen. I walked in just as Scott and Kira where walking in “hey could you lock the door” Scott asked me “sure” I said locking the door behind me. “We're running out of time” Kira said “I know, but Allison, her dad and Isaac are working on something that could help” Scott said.

“I don't want to sound unpositive or anything, but you really think that's going to keep them out” Kira asked. “Actually, they have a security system” I said “things happened a couple of weeks ago, a lot of things, and we had my boss help make a few changes to the house” Scott said “your boss? Do you work for a security company or something” Kira asked.

“No, he's a veterinarian” Scott said as we went up to his room “you had a vet put in your alarm” “yeah, sort of, but I can't arm it. Only my mom can” Scott said “where's she” Kira asked “don't worry, she'll be here” Scott said. “I'm going to go back down stairs and check everything” I said giving Scott and Kira some time to themselves. As I maid sure everything was locked I heard someone open the door, thinking it was Melissa I walked into the kitchen.

“Hey Melis” I stopped when I saw Scott's dad, he stopped when he saw me, looking shocked. “Star” he asked me just as Scott and Kira came down “dad, what are you doing here and why do you still have a key” Scott asked a little mad “funny you mention keys. Because while I have a key to this house, I'm not exactly sure how you got a key to my office”. Scott's dad turned his computer around and showed us a pitcher of Kira and Scott.