Chapter 3

Sighing, I turned off my laptop, which had been my only company throughout the whole day, and opened my wardrobe. As I pulled out random t-shirts and jeans, the only thought running through my mind was 'I'm screwed'.

----

Putting on my vans, my outfit was ready and I quickly left the apartment before I'd find anything that felt wrong with the clothes I picked. I'd already spent more than an hour deciding on what would make me look hot instead of the usual casual and uncaring look. I wasn't usually this vain, or confident at all, but I just had this need to make Harry attracted to me.

It really was no lie that I fancied him. I mean, I hardly knew anything about him. Just his humor and sculpted face. I definitely was physically attracted to him, but how could anyone not be? He probably has women circling all around him and just the thought made me jealous. I had no idea if he was straight, gay or bi (or anything else in the large spectrum), yet that didn't stop me from being infatuated by him.

Anyway, I walked outside the apartment and onto the road and searched for a taxi. They usually were parked a few blocks away and I decided to calm my nerves by walking all the way there.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I somehow got a weird feeling about it. I pulled it out from my pocket and my stomach fluttered when I saw Harry's name on my lock screen notifications.

Harry: So, r u coming? ;) xx

Louis: ......I'm on my way

Harry: saved u a seat :D xx

I locked my phone and got it the first taxi I saw and gave out the directions to the, thankfully, quiet old man driving me. While we were on the road, my fingers were tapping my knees and I stared out the window, trying to convince myself that there was no need to be so nervous. Everything was going to be okay. If anything, I was just meeting a friend. A friend who I found really attractive... Christ! I'm going mental over him!

The car finally stopped and the old man turned around and grumbled at me to pay him up. I slipped out ten pounds from my wallet and anxiously got out of the car.

I was met with the usual crowd of people having fun and I squeezed through them until I was standing in front of Babylon. There was a short que of guys around my age, some twinky looking, others more stern and looking somewhat dominant, or at least confident in themselves. I wondered if Babylon was actually a gay bar. I guess, from the lack of women here, it was.

When I walked inside, after showing the bouncer my ID, I could see Harry from where I was standing. He was laughing at something a customer said and my cheeks reddened. How does one look so good while laughing? My face gets all crinkly and my eyes practically disappear, yet Harry's face completely lights up and dimples form on his cheeks, as if he couldn't get any better.

I must've been staring at Harry for too long because he glanced over at me and saw me staring. He smiled and waved at me, motioning me to come in, and I just wanted to escape and hide forever. Why do I turn into such a coward when I'm nervous?

I sighed when I realized I had no choice other than go inside and endure a night with Harry. I put on a brave face and walked deeper inside, bee-lining towards the cheeky bartender. The disgusting smell of cigarette smoke still lingered in the air as I unfashionably walked over to Harry's counter and slid onto the high stool, directly in front of him.