Chapter 13

"Who said anything about dating?" He smirked while raising an eyebrow, "Hmm, well, if you ever change your mind, don't hesitate to call me. I'm sure I can handle it better than your...boyfriend."

He handed me a piece of paper and walked away as if he was on a cat walk. I rolled my eyes and threw the paper away, without looking back.

---

"...And then he just gave me his phone number and walked away," Harry chuckled from the other side of the phone.

I was done with classes today and I was calling Harry to ask him whether or not he was busy. I was starting to sound really clingly and I didn't know if Harry noticed this, but I just wanted to spend time with my boyfriend. I resented having to study so much and Harry having weird work hours, but there was nothing to do about that except for sucking it up and hanging out whenever we could.

So I called Harry and as I expected, he was working tonight. He apologized several times, but I didn't take it personally. So while I walked, I talked to Harry about my day and he decided to tell me a little story of getting hit on.

"Oh, did he?" I said, unimpressed, "Did you save it?"

"I threw it away," He chuckled, "It's ridiculous, I told him I was dating someone."

"He didn't seem convinced," I muttered.

"Well, I don't care. What matters is that I have you and he can't have me," Harry said, "Anyway, I have to go. I'll call you later?"

"Sure," I replied, "Talk to you later, Haz."

"Don't miss me too much, love," He cheekily said, and I could just about hear his smirk from the other end of the phone. I rolled my eyes and disconnected the call after saying goodbye to each other.

I knew Harry couldn't care less about other guys who would blatantly hit on him, and I knew I shouldn't give it too much thought, but I couldn't help but feel jealous of him. Harry was so much more good looking and talented than I could ever be and he can literally be with anyone in this world! He's the most attractive person I have ever met, and also the most charming, and I still wonder why he wanted to date someone like me? I was average at best and he, somehow, liked me.

I was in the middle of a war in my head and I was so distracted that I didn't hear Zayn call for me. I only noticed him when he had to literally stop me from walking away.

"Louis? What happened to you?" He asked, referring to my mopey looking face, "Didn't you hear me call for you?"

"You called me?" I asked, "Sorry, I was just thinking about some stuff and got distracted."

"Anything you want to talk about?" He raised his eyebrows.

I shook my head, "It's not that important."

"You sure?" He insisted, "Cause it looks like you're about to cry..."

"I'm fine, Zayn," I snapped, "What did you need?"

"I just wanted to know if you wanted to study with me," He said, looking like a puppy who's been kicked.

I sighed, "Right...sorry for snapping at you. I didn't mean it. If you're still up for it, then I can go."