Assassin

Things had been incredibly dull for Rhalla since Robb decided to make all the appointments when his mother wouldn't leave her comatose son's side, and the princess didn't have any Valyrian lessons to give, nor anyone else to spend time with since Jon left.

The princess would spend her days improving her archery skills, and she was getting quite good at it. She wished to ride to the forest once, but Robb forbid her to go alone and promised he'd go with her. Of course, she was stubborn, and fought over it, but he had a point: she didn't know Winterfell's whereabouts, and it was very risky to go on her own in times like these.

The only company that kept her alive was her handmaiden's, Kyra, who turned out to be quite interesting and entertaining.
The last week after the party's departure, they'd spend time together all day and they only separated when it was time to go to bed, or not even then.

"So you're saying you can speak Valyrian fluidly?" Rhalla asked her as she took a sip from her wine, sitting on her bed.
"Yes. High Valyrian, Low Valyrian and Dothraki." Kyra added.
"You could've been useful if I were to marry that Dothraki giant." the princess giggled.
"You were to marry a Dothraki?" Kyra exclaimed.

Rhalla regretted saying that immediately, for she still was to keep her identity secret from everyone except the Starks and their closest friends: Theon, Ser Rodrik and Maester Luwin.

"It's a.. long story." she stuttered, "But I'm curious though, how did you learn all these languages?" 
"I am from Asshai, and I have traveled a great deal throughout the continent. I even visited Vaes Dothrak once. The Dothraki have a very interesting.. lifestyle." the handmaiden scoffed.

Rhalla looked at her longly and got reminded of her sister, and what Kyra said made her wonder out loud, "Do you think I could send a letter there?"
"Of course. A raven will do." she said with a smirk, "Who do you wish to send a letter to?"

The princess glared at her. She felt the young woman was too curious trying to get all kinds of information from her.
"An old friend." she replied plainly.
"I am so sorry my lady, I shouldn't-" Kyra apologized.
"It's alright." Rhalla sighed, "I want to show you something, but you must not tell anyone."
"I swear it by the old gods and the new." she promised.

Rhalla jumped from her bed, excited like a child. She headed to the box in front of her bed and opened it when Kyra knelt next to her, unrevealing the three beautiful dragon eggs.
"Dragon eggs, turned into stone with time." she showed her.

Kyra didn't seem as surprised as Rhalla thought she would be.
"They're beautiful." she said, "I've heard many stories about dragon eggs."
"What stories?" the princess asked eagerly.

"I don't believe they were turned to stone like most do. It is said that if you put them under heat, the eggs hatch and baby dragons are born." Kyra told.
Rhalla watched the eggs with marveled eyes, and the story awoke her imagination in ways she never thought possible.

Kyra smiled, "I will see you in the morning, my lady. Goodnight."
Rhalla simply nodded, and her handmaiden left right away after leaving the princess in awe, lost in a sea of thoughts and dreams.
She fetched a few candles and carefully disposed them on each side of each egg, and her first wish was to write to her sister.

It had been too long since she wanted to find the perfect time to contact her, without taking risks of the letter falling between the wrong hands, but there would never be a perfect time, and she missed Daenerys too much to wait.