22. new years eve

Harry and Ron went back to the ministry as they were being called by Gregor about the two death eaters. The two anxious gryffindors only wished that Hermione was safe; since the letter she had written them last night--

Harry,

I know this may seem insane, but please trust me on this. Draco is not a bad person. I don't want to seem cheesy but it's true. I have to protect him, and he isn't anywhere related to what Nott is doing right now. I have to keep Draco away for a while until Nott is found. I'd help you out if I have to. Just please believe me.

Hermione

"Honestly, who does she think she is? blimey, Harry, we can't just let her off like that.." Ron said in a very frustrated tone, walking along to the elevator.

"She never let us down, not even once. I know it's hard to believe, but it's impossible to stop Hermione--" when Harry was about to press the elevator button, Ramona immediately swung her arm and rushed inside before it closed.

Ron sighed and rolled his eyes. "A little bit late, are we today? I do believe that today is just your second day at work?" she turned over to the two; they didn't say a word as the elevator rose up. "So I suppose Granger would might like to help you two out?"

"Oh, uh... Hermione's not really into the auror job" said Ron. "Interesting thought, so if not the aurors, what does our little heroine like to do?" Harry had a sense she's trying to dig up information, they had to find a way to escape the small talk. "She uhh, she's been wanting to create an organization. To help the elves" said Harry.

"Help the elves? In what particular sense?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"To help them free from slavery?" said Ron.

"Slavery? oh please, elves aren't enslaved, they're only doing what they're born to do" If Hermione was here, she would've knocked sense out of her. Harry thought. However this was Ramona. Daughter of Umbridge. How could he possibly talk her out of it?

The elevator stopped at their floor, the three went out and before they escaped her she said, "you know, I'd love to have a little chat with Ms. Granger, if you don't mind? I'd like to propose her a few jobs she might like" she gave them a seemingly fake smile, as she walked off with her loud heels tapping on the floor.

"Like mother like daughter" Ron muttered under his breath and shook his head.

***

It was the same morning; Hermione and Draco just arrived at the train station, only to wait for a few more minutes until the train arrives. Hermione insisted Draco to stay in the waiting area. "Stay here, I'll just go buy us some pretzels"

"wait, what if they find me?" Draco hesitated. 

"Draco, we're in the muggle world, how on earth would they find us?"

"Fair point" he nodded.

"You wait here, I'll go buy us food"

"Right, ma'am." he pursed his lips as he was fiddling with his thumb. The waiting area wasn't that crowded. Just the sound of busy people walking past him-- until a group of muggle girls noticed him and his obscure white hair. He looked up as he found them giggling.

the girls eventually pushed one of their friend to walk up to Draco. "H-hi, sorry about them" she chuckled nervously. "Can I help you?" he asked.

"I-is your hair bleached?" she wondered. "I'm sorry?" he knitted his eyebrows. "Is it real?"

"Oh.. yeah, it is." he nodded. "that's so cool. you seem like a mysterious guy," she smiled. "does that intrigue you too?"

"yeah" she replied. "a-anyway, I know this pretty.. straight forward but um... do you have a nokia?"