12. stubborn and nosy

"Lovely evening, Professor Hagrid, Granger," said Snape plainly, his hands were behind his back. "Evening, professor. what brings you here?"

"Dinner is ready, I suppose Professor Mcgonagall wouldn't want you absent once more?"

"Oh, well you better go."

"You go ahead, Professor, I'll catch up. I just need to fix something" said Hermione.

"No, it's okay, Hermione I insist" said Hagrid.

"Hagrid, please." she eyed him. "Oh well, all right. I was also serving hot tea tonight, would you care to join us, Professor?"

"Like I said, Mcgonagall is going to be looking for you"

"She wouldn't, she brought me here for detention" said Hermione.

"Suit yourself, Granger, if she kicks you out of school, I am not responsible for your doings" he hissed and left.

"What was all that about? and I haven't even made tea yet," said Hagrid.

"Long story" said Hermione, pursing her lips.

"I should prolly go make some tea now that you've made me do it" Hermione giggled to Hagrid

***

"Your tea tastes so different today, what did you do?" Hermione beamed at Hagrid. "Oh well, you know.. Olympe gave me a sack of fresh from france earl grey tea she made herself" he chuckled. "Seems like you two are really hitting it off," she smiled.

"She was hoping I'd come visit her there but there's no subsitute teacher who can teach my class" said Hagrid. "No, it's all right, Hagrid, I'm sure Mcgonagall's going to find a substitute professor" said Hermione, sipping her hot earl grey tea.

After the silence, as Fang had got himself to sleep, Hermione had heard twigs breaking, footsteps coming from the outside. She took a peek on the window to see who it was-- Snape.

He was holding a small bag of something, and he was heading towards the forest. She winced her eyes a bit closer, as he took the small bag onto his teeth and transfigured himself into a crow. Hermione's eyes widened, watching him fly off to the forest.

She instantly knew the bag must be for Malfoy-- who else could he give it to?

Hermione couldn't apparate, but she insisted to follow Snape until she sees Draco.

She looked above, sneakily walking through the place, and then just a few minutes away from hogwarts, she can already hear the hawk of a bird, "A little late, aren't we, Professor--ow!" It was Draco. "Okay, I'm sorry, it was a joke." he rolled his eyes. But where is he? she thought. 

"You should be thankful I still take care of you, Malfoy, don't underestimate it" Snape snarled after he transfigured himself back to his human form. "Why on earth are you up there anyway?"

Hermione silently gasped, as she looked up to see Malfoy right above her, sitting at a tree branch. She quickly covered her mouth carefully not to make a noise.

"You don't think I miss hogwarts? I had friends there too." said Draco plainly, munching on his food. "Atleast I had any." he continued.

"Malfoy, i've told you a million times, you cannot go back"

"Yeah, and kill everyone, take me to azkaban because the whole bloody school knows I'm a werewolf, yeah, I get it" he chuckled sarcastically afterwards.

"someone already knows you're a werewolf. She can help you when you're going to turn in" said Snape.

"Granger? please. She barged into my house the other day, didn't really help that much." he shrugged. "Draco, no, you have to understand my plan--"