9. stubborn one

"Son, I am so sorry for everything" Narcissa, who was lying down the cold dirty concrete when everyone else was running for their lives, Draco held his mother's neck and placed it on his lap. "Mother, please," tears started to flow across his face like a river, and his heart had sunken in deep. "Please," he muttered under his breath, as his vision became quite blurry by his tears.

Narcissa held his son's cheek to wipe the sorrowful tears away, with her lips slowly carving into a smile, "Mother will always love you, Draco" He held his mother's cold hand and gripped it tight, hoping that she could still make it. He had wished he could've had his wand, but after the chaos, one of the aurors had caught it, now that he was the only death eater to ever stay put at hogwarts, He was the first one to be caught. The two aurors have surrounded them, pointing their wands at the Malfoys, but Draco didn't really care.

It felt like as if his heart was taken away, when he felt her pulse beat became slower, as the tears start to roll down her fingers, until he can no longer feel it. Draco cried even louder, kissing her freezing hand and closed his eyes. He stayed there knelt down with his mother's eyes closed, caressing his mother's head before they were taken away.

While at the way to the ministry of magic, No one, not even all of the death eaters know that Fenrir Greyback had bitten him before the war had even started, thus creating a paler complexion to his skin, and even stress had built up to him even more, since he's never had the chance to count down the days until the full moon arrives. When it does, he either goes to the room of requirement and cast a muffliato charm, or back on his old room. The scars he caused to himself were luckily only visible on his bare chest and back, the reason why nobody suspects a thing. 

When he was put on probation for a whole month, and even if he had transformed into a werewolf once inside a room where he was locked up, he was smart enough to hide his transformation by asking for a dittany. It didn't cure the werewolf bite however since the bite was already almost a year old, but he was able to control himself while he was a werewolf. It was a painful process for Draco, cowering under the bed and wrapped himself under the blankets until he was back to normal.

Then after probation, he was told that he was free, and that he was the only Malfoy left to inherit the manor. Both his parents were buried under the backyard garden. Professor Snape had appeared to come and visit him when he found out he's back home, send his deepest condolences to his family, and promised to take care of him like his own son. Snape was the only person who knew about Draco being a werewolf. They didn't bond that much since his awful depression, always wanted to be left alone but still, Snape wanted to keep him safe.

***

Hermione opened her eyes slowly, as she silently yawned, taking her one complete second to realize that she fell asleep on the ground, at a messy bedroom. She sat up and thought about taking Malfoy to Pansy to let her know that her boyfriend is alive, since that was the original plan of hers. It took her awhile to stand up, then she heard footsteps drawing nearer to the door. It crept open to see Malfoy, in all his unwell and glory. His trouser was all ripped at the seams, and his pale torso was exposed with scars and perhaps a hint of muscle prominent on his arms.

Both were taken by surprise at the sight. Why is she still here? in my room? he thought, Draco jolted when he saw her. "Oh bloody-- you gave me a fright. A face like that should come with a warning" he scoffed.

"Wow," she rolled her eyes.

"Now get out" he commanded dryly.

"You know what? no" she stood up and brushed her clothes. "Excuse me? this is my home!"

"I'm taking you to Parkinson and tell her that you're still alive, she's your girlfriend and she deserves to know more than I am"

"Really? she deserves it more than you do?" he raised one eyebrow.

"Yeah," she crossed her arms.

"If she does deserve to know more than you do, then why are you here?"

"To take you to Parkinson, you daft bimbo!"

"Easy now, Granger" said Draco, taking his wand from the floor. "I didn't say you have to stay and wait for me to turn back to normal, and I didn't say you're allowed to sleep in my room"

"I didn't want to, I accidentally fell asleep" she tried to make a point. "I understand you'd like to see me again, but really you should be leaving"

"I am not leaving without any proof!" Hermione raised her voice a little.

 "I'm sorry I have to do this, Granger. you leave me no choice" He pointed his wand at her.  "Petrificus tota-"

"Expelliarmus!" Hermione and her quick reflexes disarmed him.

"You're coming with me, whether you like it or not" she walked in closer to her and threatened him with her wand, pointing at his chin.

***

The morning at the gryffindor common room, Ginny kept pacing around the place, panicking and wondering where could Hermione be. Luckily, the three of them were the only ones who knows she's missing-- some have only thought that perhaps she had slept on the library, or did her prefect duties.

"Ginny, sit down will you, you're giving me more stress" said Ron, letting out a frustrated sigh as the two sat down the couch, the new copy of the daily prophet had just been released that same morning, with the front page saying that one death eater caught, identity was not revealed. They all thought Draco has been caught for good now.

"Hey, have you guys seen Hermione? she left her book on the classroom yesterday," said Neville, handing in a book about potions, which certainly did not look like they were from the library.

"Oh thank you, Neville" said Harry, taking the book, where a piece of parchment was sticking out from one of the pages, when they opened it, the paper revealed Hermione's research about different kinds of potions, arrows pointing there to there, scribbles almost everywhere.

"Uh oh," Ginny muttered. "You guys don't think?"

"She's probably gone looking for Malfoy" said Harry.

"This needs to stop, honestly, Malfoy's already taken by the aurors, isn't that enough for her?"

"What's more important right now is that we find Hermione" said Ginny. "Where are we going to find her? she could be anywhere right now!"

"First, we need to go the forbidden forest" said Harry. "But we can't just cut classes" said Ginny. "Ginny, we've cut classes lots of times, finding our friend is far more important" Harry retorted. "I agree, let's go" said Ron.

***

Vote & Comment!

This was such a short chapter ugh so sorry ;-;