5. the wand

"Hermione, Hermione!" Harry called her, frantically pulling her arm as soon as they were done with their detention. "You better tell me what's going on right now" Harry did not look happy at all.

"okay.." She sighed. "But you're not going to like it.."

"Mione, I thought we were going to keep it--" said Ron.

"No, Ron. He has the right to know. We don't have anything to hide anyway.." she sucked in her breath. "Okay, we'll tell you, but not here.. Let's go to Hagrid's" Hermione suggested.

Meanwhile at Snape's classroom, Blaise and Pansy were still forcing Snape to tell them what was going on because both of them wanted to know if it's true that Draco is still alive.

"we've heard the conversation-- it's either you give us detention or you tell us the truth" said Pansy.

"detention. tomorrow afternoon, I need you two to organize files for me before dinner" said Snape, making Pansy groan and say, "just tell us what happened to Draco! is he alive? is he dead?!"

"I'm afraid I can't answer that question, Miss Parkinson. In doing so, you two could get in trouble. Remember, you're under surveillance, if you try to find him you'll probably be sent to azkaban at any moment possible." said Snape.

"Well atleast give us some piece of clue or anything? we're not going to go out of hogwarts, we promise" said Pansy. "He's our friend" said Blaise.

"If he is your friend then why did you let him live on the manor on his own, knowing that he doesn't have parents anymore?" Snape pointed out. Pansy and Blaise were speechless.

"Is this what kids prefer to as friends nowadays? clearly Malfoy deserves better." said Snape, walking away without any emotion written on his face.

***

"So, we've come to a conclusion that Snape is a werewolf, and that I was wrong when I thought Malfoy's still alive..." said Hermione. "Are you saying that Snape killed Malfoy?" Harry blinked.

"Yeah but that's not all. The wand I found last night at the forbidden forest, it wasn't Snape's. It was Malfoy's." said Hermione.

"Hold on, why would Malfoy's wand be at the forbidden forest if he was killed in his area?" Harry asked.

"Maybe Snape was using it?" Ron thought. "Isn't that the reason why he took it from you, Hermione?" Ron asked.

"But why would he use Malfoy's wand instead of his? I don't see any problem with his own wand."

"You know what? we should just ask Snape. He trusts us, right? if he is a werewolf, Hermione, you brewed his potion, I don't see any reason why he wouldn't tell us everything. Let's confront him tomorrow night." said Harry.

"why not tonight?" Hermione asked.

"Quidditch." said Harry. "Look, if you want to know if Malfoy's dead or not, why don't you just go visit the manor?" Hagrid suggested, in which case Hermione looked back at him, looking like it could be a good idea. "I shouldn't have said that" said Hagrid.

"Hermione, no you are not going there" said Ron.

"I'm not. I won't," said Hermione, crossing her fingers at her back.

"We should get going, we don't want to get in trouble again," said Hermione. "Thanks for the tea, Hagrid!" said Harry. "No problem. Promise me you're not gonna do any more trouble this year?"

"No promises!" Harry chuckled.

When Harry, Ron and Ginny weren't around Hermione for quidditch practice, she stayed back at the library to do some light reading about werewolves and other stuff that had something to do with Snape and Draco.