6. the follower

"Are you sure you weren't sleep walking? not even half asleep?" Ron darted his eyes back at Hermione who was pacing around the common room.

"No, I swear Ron I saw someone. There wasn't even any secret passageway on the corner."

"It might be just a door to the room of requirement" said Ron.

"No, it can't be. The room of requirement's on the seventh floor"

"Maybe it was another room of requirement?" Ron shrugged, sitting back on the sofa while the rest of the gryffindors were asleep.

"What are you guys talking about?" Harry barged and made his way down from the dormitory as soon as he heard Ron and Hermione's voices.

"Hermione thinks a student escaped hogwarts."

"I don't think he escaped, you can't apparate at hogwarts, of course! He just.. dissapeared" Hermione bit her lip.

"Look, Hermione. You're just tired, we all are" said Ron, patting her in the back. "It's 3 in the morning"

"What did he look like anyway, Hermione?" Harry asked.

"Well... He was tall, almost abnormally thin, but that was it." she pursed her lips into a thin line, eyeing the fireplace that was still crackling in flames. It took a little while, when Ron once again asked Hermione to go to bed since she was very stressed out, when she suddenly jumped up and said,

"Malfoy!"

"what?" Ron and Harry asked in unison.

"That's it! maybe it was Malfoy!"

"But how can Malfoy get in hogwarts anyway? and how did he dissapear?" Harry asked curiously.

"Harry! come on, don't encourage this! she's tired! look at her!" said Ron.

"Ronald, I'm fine! really, I am" said Hermione, with her eyes blinking and trying her best not to yawn. "He's just.. getting more and more mysterious everyday." she continued, and couldn't hold in her yawn so she did. Ron sighed. "you definitely need sleep, Hermione."

"I agree. let's just talk about this tomorrow, all right? I'm kind of tired too" said Harry, standing up to put the fire out.

***

It was hogsmeade day, and Ginny was certainely excited to have a little snack with Harry, Ron and Hermione down at the three broomsticks for a couple of butterbeers.

Though every class Hermione had taken, she was jumpy, and her head was drifting on the clouds. She was sleepy, but she tried to keep herself awake the whole time. After all this time, how could Draco Malfoy make her feel something like this? Her lingering questions were left unanswered, and it was bugging her big time.

"Hermione, can you pass me the dittany?" Ron asked, but Hermione was staring blankly, still stirring her cauldron counter-clockwise, basically not hearing what Ron was asking her to do.

"Mione?" Ron asked again, but Hermione had already spaced out.

"Hermione your potion's turning white!" Ron exclaimed.

"w-what?" she snapped, and looked back at the cauldron which had turned into a bright pearly white color and a thick consistency.

"You need to add dittany--"

"I know what to add, Ron" she said, taking a few shreds of it and sprinkling it on top of the potion, then stirring it clockwise.

"Jeez, Hermione, are you all right? you seem super off today"