18. the truth

The birds were chirping outside the window of Draco Malfoy's bedroom. Though he was still sleepy, he opened his one eye to see that half of his curtain was drawn back. He groaned as he stood up to close them.

Draco was almost half-asleep when he walked his way out the bedroom, and then realized something quickly-- what happened to Hermione? she must've went out to get some breakfast. He thought to himself, rubbing the back of his neck as he lazily dragged his feet to the library.

When he rubbed his eyes and open the door, letting out a loud creak, Hermione, who had her cheek laid down the desk along with books and parchments; certainly enough she was asleep whilst studying. Draco raised his eyebrows and cleared his throat to wake her up. Hermione was still asleep.

Draco knitted his eyebrows as he walked over to her and kneeled down to see her face, although not to his surprise, her face was covered by her big curly hair.

"Granger?" he said softly. "Mmm..." she replied as she mumbled grudgingly. "I'm sorry what?"

"Shh, could you tell him I'll come over soon, okay?" she mumbled, and that made him laugh-- Hermione was sleep-talking. "Granger, come on, you're back'll hurt if you don't sit up now"

"Crookshanks why don't you take food over to the manor, okay?" she said lazily, but still her eyes closed and relaxed. He laughed. "Granger, what's the levitation charm?" he decided to play along. "Win..Gar..dium levi.. o-sa" she started to snor, as Malfoy let out another laugh.

"Okay okay, who should've won the quidditch world cup: Ireland or Bulgaria,"

"I-Ir..." her words trailed off. "Fine, one last question... who do you think is the most attractive man at the yule ball on our fourth year?" he smirked. Hermione groaned and was about to answer, "Mmmm," until Draco couldn't bare not to hold in his laughter. Hermione's eyes opened in a flash, and quickly sat up from the seat, pushing her hair backwards, and clearing her throat.

Draco broke down laughing.

Hermione stretched her arms, yawning, and then rubbing her eyes open. "Ugh, good... Good morning,"

"Had fun in your little dream, Granger?"

"What dream?" her head snapped at him.

"Nothing" he chuckled. "Oh God, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep here, I was staying up all night and--"

"Relax, it's okay. It's not like you drooled on all my books" he stood up, heading out the door.

Hermione furrowed her eyebrows, "hey, how come you're not mad at me?"

"What?" he blinked.

"I said, how come you're not mad? shouldn't this be the part where you'd roll your eyes and shout at me to wake up?"

"I-- look.." his words trailed off, and her eyebrows knit at confusion. "I'm going to... fix-- just make breakfast" said Draco, stuttering as he walked out, closing the door behind him. He let out a soft chuckle, crossing his arms, then looked over to the desk piled up with books and parchment papers.

He glanced over the textbooks and notes written all over the parchment paper, where almost half of it he has understood-- this must be muggle studies, he thought to himself. He gently traced the muggle studies book with his finger as he slowly opens it. When he was at hogwarts, he didn't even bother taking up muggle studies at all, and even if he did, he doesn't have a book about it lying around the library.

Draco, whilst waiting for breakfast to be served, was completely mind-ridden as he was introduced to almost a completely different world. It felt so new to his mind, and even though thru the few pages of the first chapter, his knowledge about muggles and muggle-born were completely flipped.