15. tundra

Malfoy couldn't help but yell at the state of shock, though it wasn't long and wasn't loud enough to let the nearby villagers hear. "Bloody Merlin, woman! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

Hermione closed the door, slamming her forehead on the wood as she clenched on the knob after pulling it shut. "Oh my god, I am so sorry!" she bit her lip and closed her eyes at the embarrassment. Hermione then turned around to rest her back on it, taking deep breaths, as beads of sweat dripple down her temples, oh how lucky she was that she hadn't seen him stand up.

"why do you leave the door open while taking a bath?!" she complained on the other side of the door.

"why did you barge in here when you knew I was taking a bloody bath?!" he yelled back.

"I thought you were sleeping, for Merlin's sake!" she slammed the palm of her hand onto her forehead. "Haven't you heard of locking your door whilst you're in the bathroom?" her voice echoed.

Draco rolled his eyes and scoffed, "what a pathetic excuse just to see me naked" he muttered under his breath, as he decided to drain the water down, and so he had forgotten that it was morning, as he looked down, "oh for fucks sake" he scoffed.

Meanwhile, Hermione had set up dinner she was given earlier for Draco to eat. She walked over to the messy kitchen which she had clearly recalled the time her scar was sliced with his vicious claws for nails.

Hermione decided to shake it off by simply looking for a clean plate and a water goblet, but alas, the kitchen was a mess. Mixtures of strange odors, muds and paw prints scattered along the tiles, broken cupboards, and bits and pieces of shattered glasses and plates. The Malfoy Manor was like tundra; cold, and barely habitable for people who are just as normal as Hermione. She let out a frustrated sigh.

She rose her wand pointing at the kitchen, whispering, "reparo". The kitchen slowly starts to fly around like a reverse, back on its proper state. When the place was finally clean, Hermione went over to get plates, and goblets and headed to the dining area, which half of the furniture were in ruins, and the curtains were ripped to its shreds. The manor really was a big whirlwind of a wreck.

Hermione placed the food Snape had given Draco, and poured down the potion onto the goblet. It smelled like peach and lavender. Probably a sleeping draught to help Draco fall asleep.

It wasn't long until he appeared at the door frame of the dining area, with his plain white button up all scrunched up, and some gray pajamas, which to Hermione's surprise weren't ripped. "I thought you were gone" he rolled his eyes, walking over to the table with the food prepared for him. "You should be thanking me for bringing you dinner" said Hermione.

"Did I tell you to feed me?" he sat down.

"No." she replied.

"Then I don't have to say anything else" he said, as he start eating mashed potatoes and beans, minding his own business, as Hermione sat on a chair near him, watching him finish his food. Draco felt bothered by it, and so he looked back at her. "What are you still doing here?" he asked.

"I'll be visiting you every hogsmeade day to take care of you" she said.

"what's in it for you?" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"nothing" she answered plainly.

"I'm going to bed. I expect you to clean this up, nanny" he stood up, with his footsteps echoing out all until it faded. Hermione tried her best not to be stressed about this-- after all, she had already made the vow.

As Draco was sitting in his already messy bed, looking at the window, as the sun slowly goes down. Hermione should be leaving by now if she doesn't want to get in trouble. he said to himself. He eventually laid back, feeling the sting in his back wounds that were starting to close slowly. Minutes had passed, with him trying to fall asleep with his head in the blur, and his body starts to feel quite steamy and sweaty-- not in a good way, if you would think, in the sound of a ticking clock. Wait, a ticking clock? he thought. The clock hasn't ticked in a long time. He snapped his eyes open. Since the manor was in its horrible state, he knew that the only noise that could emit around the place was him, and he broke the clock. How is it still ticking tonight?