Chapter 41

Kestrel's POV

Time Skip

I walk around the great hallway and mark my checklist. The Red River Pack was no longer a threat. We are a happy pack and we live in harmony with each other.

"Okay people! We need this place done before Amelia gets back from her run with Aiden!" I yell.

This gets some of the people moving and I smile. My baby girl is turning sixteen today.

"She's only a few minutes away!" Liam yells.

"Hurry up!" I shout.

The final touches are put into the decorations and I see Ash scramble to hide the cake. Tundra is on the other side of the room tying balloons together.

Then we all scramble to turn the lights off and hide.

"I don't understand why you need to bring me in here Aiden." I hear Amelia's muffled voice.

"Trust me." I hear Aiden.

"One...Two...Three." I whisper.

We all jump out of our hiding places.

"Surprise!" We scream.

Tundra's POV

Amelia looked so surprised. She had happy tears in her eyes as her birthday hat was placed on her head by her father. Aiden smiled at his handy work.

Ash pats him on the back. "Good job son." He smirked. "Thanks." He said cheekily.

I shook my head playfully as I gave Amelia a birthday hug. "Happy birthday sweetheart." I smiled.

"Thanks auntie." She said as she hugged me back. I went over to the snack table and I picked up a Dorito. I could feel Ash come closer to me. I was still uneasy but he was able to touch me now.

He wrapped his arms around me and I smiled lightly. My smile instantly faded when I though about Jakob. It'll be okay... Everything will be okay...

Why do I keep lying to myself...?