Chapter 12

Tundra's POV

I woke up in a familiar place. The infirmary. I panicked when I noticed Ash nor Kestrel were by my side. No one was around, so I weakly got up. I forced my weak self to walk out of the infirmary and pack house to help Ash and Kestrel. I could barely see straight but I pushed that aside.

Once I was out of the pack house, I shifted painfully. I whimpered as I picked up Ash's scent. My white fur was stained red by my neck but that didn't bother me. I ignored my pain and went back to the clearing.

There was still wolves fighting and I saw Ash was taking on five at once. He was a lot bigger than them but he was wounded and tired. Once pounced on his back and another two grabbed his legs. Ash fell to the ground when another one grabbed his neck. The fifth one ran off to fight another pack member of ours.

I ran towards Ash and the wolves and I growled loudly. It hurt my throat terribly but I had to do something to buy their attention. They all stopped what they were doing and looked at me. They growled, blood dripping from their teeth. They stalked closer to me and I whimpered, putting my tail in between my legs. Their bodies towered over my small one. They circled me.

They were about to attack when Ash's wolf form stood over me. He was like 4 times bigger than me. He growled angrily. Every time a wolf came near, Ash would snarl viciously. After a bit, the wolves were getting antsy. They all lunged and Ash took them out, leaving me unprotected.

A huge grey wolf pounced on me. He clawed at me as well as bit me. I tried to fight him off but I was weak. I yelped when he grabbed my neck and threw me into a tree. I laid on the ground, barely conscious. I opened my eyes slightly and saw the wolf coming closer to me. He grabbed my throat and started applying pressure.

'I love you Ash...' I said in the mind link.

I looked at him and saw him looking around frantically for me. Once we made eye contact he screamed in my head.

'No!! Tundra!' Ash shouted.

I let my eyes droop as I saw Ash in a furious rage, attack my attempted killer. He yanked him off me and fought him.

"Tundra, no..." Ash whimpered.

I could feel hands touch my soft fur. I was guessing Ash was in his human form since he was touching me and talking. My eyes were closed all the way and my breathing was short and shallow.

"Please don't die... The pack doctors will be here soon." Ash begged.

I whimpered weakly one last time before I was out.

Kestrel's POV

I saw my brother and Tundra. I was too weak to fight anymore. My mate was fighting in front of me.

I blinked slowly and shifted into my human form. I heard my pulse in my ears and it slowly went down.

My breath slowed down with it until it stopped. My pulse was barely going when my mate came up to me.

He shifted and touched my face. "What do I do?" He asked me. "Take....me.....to...my pack house.....ask for....Ash."

All of my feelings went numb and I closed my eyes as I felt hands slip underneath my body.

I woke up in the war grounds, but there was only me. No war, no claw marks, nothing.

It looked empty.

I heard a rustling in the bushes and whipped around. "Mother..." I whispered to myself.

Her auburn hair ended at her elbows, framing her body. She had dark chocolate brown eyes. Her smile was still as beautiful as when she was alive.

She opened her arms and I ran to her. I gave her a hug. "I missed you mommy." I said into her chest.

She patted the back of my head and kissed the top. "I missed you too Kestrel." I smiled and looked up at her.

I may be tall but she was way taller than me. "What am I doing here?" I ask her.

"You needed someone to guide you sweetheart." She tells me. She cups my face gently.

"Ash needs you, Tundra needs you, your pack needs you, and most of all; Liam needs you."

"Who is Liam?" I ask her. She chuckles to herself. "Liam is your mate." I bit my bottom lip. "Is he going to reject me?" I ask.

She smiles a shimmering smile "Go and find out." She kisses my forehead and a bright light shines in my eyes.

I fly up in my bed in the infirmary.

Tundra's POV

I was back at the Red River Pack, in the cells in the basement. I screamed as I got cut over and over again by the silver knife, coated in wolfsbane. I was beaten so many times, it's a wonder I'm still breathing.

Suddenly, everything disappeared. It was white, everywhere I looked.

"Welcome." A woman said.

"Where am I? who are you? Why am I here?" I fired questions at her.

"All in good time my child." She chuckled lightly.

"I can't believe I'm saying this but, I want to go back. I want to go back to Ash and Kestrel. I want to have kids and grow old, please let me go back." I begged.

"Hold yourself dear. You will leave soon enough, however I must speak with you." She said as she turned around.

Her beautiful white dress trailed behind her as her platinum hair flowed in spirals down her back. I instinctively followed her.

"Who are you?" I asked again.

"I am the moon goddess." She says with her angelic voice.

"Moon goddess? Your majesty, please forgive me." I said as I knelt in front of her.

"Please child, there is no need for formality." She laughed.

I stood back up and continued following her.

"You wish to go home, yes?" She questioned.

"Yes I do, your majesty." I bowed.

"Very well, but first, you trust Ash and Kestrel with you life." She says.

I nod my head.

"You must open yourself up, you cannot let the past interfere with your future, darling." She stated wisely.

I nodded my head again.

"I will see you again, my dear child." The moon goddess says as everything goes white.