Chapter 36

Kestrel's POV

"Liam, it's time for you to go now." I growl. He looks at me hurt. "Why? I'm trying to help you." He tells me.

"You have a daughter who needs a father! They need you more than I do!" I whisper yell.

"She needs a mother too!" He retorts.

"I'm doing this so she'll have a future! Get the hell out of here! Get back to your daughter! Just fucking go." I push on his torso.

He stumbles back a few steps and looks at me shocked. I glare at him until he leaves.

I take a deep breath and go into the medical cabinet. I take out bottle of pain medication, a suture, and thread.

I pop a few pills into my mouth and swallow them. I sit down on the cot and wait for the pain meds to kick in. When they do I ready the needle and thread.

I look away as I position the suture over my arm where the cut it. I take a deep breath as I position it and make the first stitch.

Tundra's POV

I laid on the ground whimpering quietly, barely breathing, I was going to die soon.

"GET THE PACK DOCTOR!!" Ash bellows.

People rush around and some stop to stare. Ash gently pets my head. I whine softly.

"It's going to be okay Tundra." Ash whispers.

"I'm here." The pack doctor said.

"Help her, please." Ash begged.

"You will need to shift Luna." The doctor says.

I looked at her with fearful eyes.

"Yes, it will hurt, a lot, but if you don't, you will die." The doctor sighed.

I looked at Ash. He nodded his head.

"Do it baby, you'll be okay." He says.

I sigh lightly before I shift into my human. I scream loudly, probably making people deaf.

"Alpha, I need you to carefully bring her to the infirmary, very quickly, we have little time to work." She says to Ash.

He nods and carefully picks me up. I yelped accidentally.

"I'm sorry Tundra." Ash whimpers.

'It's okay...' I whimper in his head.

I slowly close my eyes, blacking out.

Kestrel's POV

I finished my stitches, but it hurt like hell. I walk out of the infirmary and a vampire stares at me.

"What?" I ask it roughly. "Fight now." He demands. He grabs my arm and drags me down the Corridor.

The pushes me into the fight room where the pack leader sits on his throne. That dick such a show off.

A very tall and muscular man stands in front of me. I go and get in the fighting position. He grunts and does the same.

"Fight!" The crowd chants.

I run at him screaming and jump onto his shoulders. I start hitting him on his shoulders until he grabs my arm.

Right where my stitches are.

I scream as he picks me up by my arm.

He dangles me at eye level and I cry out. I stare at his eyes and he smirks.

He tosses me into a stone wall, knocking the wind out of me.

Tundra's POV

It's been a week. A week since Kestrel has been gone, a week since my incident, a week since my son got bitten. He is constantly monitored by people. I don't know what's going to happen.

I haven't slept at all in the past week. Or eaten. I just train and take care of my pups. Ash hasn't slept either, but he eats so he can stay strong to protect us and the pack.

"Tundra, I need you to mind link the betas, gamma's and deltas and tell them that the pack is under attack, I need all warriors at the north border." Ash said.

I nodded my head and got to work. I got Liam to take the boys and Amelia to the cellar and lock the door. He looked so heart broken. We had a plan to get Kestrel.

I ran to the north border shortly after Ash left. He was gonna be pissed. I got there and saw a whole bunch of wolves fighting. I saw a smaller warrior struggling with 2 larger wolves. Adrenaline rushes through me and I lunged at the bigger wolf of the 2.

I grabbed his neck and slammed him into the ground. I snapped his neck in seconds. I heard loud growling and then I was tackled. I fought the large grey wolf. He smirked and grabbed a hold of my neck.

All of my adrenaline was gone and I was weaker than ever. I was dragged away.

Kestrel's POV

I won the fights. I don't know how. I don't know why the moon goddess let me. But I won.

I was part of the Red River Pack now, as much as I hate to admit it. I'm part of the guard. The pack leader still doesn't quite trust me as much but it better than nothing.

I am almost done with this place. I just need to gain more trust.

The pack leader is just a stuck up bitch. I don't even know his name, he just insists that we call him leader.

I think I'll just stick to 'asshole'.

Anyways, I help train the newbies.

I begin my rounds when I see a young teenager at a punching bag.

I walk over to him and he his hitting the bag aggressively. I touch his shoulder and he looks at me.

"What is your name?" I ask him.

"Thomas." He replies and stops punching.

"Thomas, why are you here?" I ask him.

"I need to train. I need to become the best, now quit talking and let me practice!" He snaps.

He ignores me and continues punching the bags.

Even the kids are nuts!

Tundra's POV

I had blacked out earlier but I was awake now. I felt so drained.

"I've sure missed you." A voice chuckled evilly.

I looked up and saw Jack's assistant, the alpha. I growled.

"What do you want asshole?" I snapped.

Instant smack to the face. I just laughed. And I continued laughing.

"You think that bothers me?? I'm used to it." I growled with a sneer.

He smiled evilly.

"I'll do worse." He stated.

He came closer to me and kisses my neck. I growled viciously. Only one person was allowed to do that, and it definitely wasn't this jerk.

"Get off of me!" I bellowed.

He laughed heartily. He ran his finger across my chest. He trailed in down my stomach until he reached an area that wasn't supposed to be touched by anyone except my mate. I roared loudly.

"You enjoy this, don't you sweetheart." The nickname rolled off his tongue like venom.

"Like hell I do!" I barked.

"You will." He smirked.

Oh god, please save me...