Chapter 22

Tundra's POV

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are grey, you'll never know dear, how much I love you, please don't take my sunshine away..." Ash sung softly.

I opened my eyes and saw him looking at me. He smiled lightly. He moved my hair from my face.

"You're so beautiful..." Ash whispers as he plants a soft kiss on my lips.

His hand traces shapes on my stomach. I smile lightly. That smile quickly fades once I get the urge to throw up. I ran to the bathroom, thankful the seat was already up. I put my face I the toilet and let it out.

Ash comes in behind me and pulls my hair back out of my face. I open my eyes once I was done puking and I saw blood in the toilet. Ash picks me up quickly and runs out of our house. He runs as fast as he can back to the pack house.

He burst through the front door and runs towards the infirmary. He lays me down on a cot.

"I NEED A DOCTOR!!" He roared.

Panic was all over his features. A doctor comes running out.

"What is the problem, Alpha?" She asked timidly.

"She threw up blood, I'm worried about my pups." Ash bit his lip nervously.

"I'll check on them." She stated quickly.

She did a whole bunch of things and then gasped.

"What?! Tell me!" Ash demanded.

"You have triplets..." She said.

"But, one of them is.... Dead...." The doctor whispered.

It's like my whole world fell apart. Tears poured out of my eyes. No... This can't be real. I looked at Ash and saw him blankly staring at the doctor. His eyes glazed over as he mind linked someone. I looked in his mind and realized he was mind linking Liam and Kestrel to get over here immediately.

Kestrel's POV

'Kestrel! Get to the infirmary right now!' Ash roared in my mind. A headache set in and I groaned. "Let's go." Liam says.

I quickly get dressed in a tank top and shorts and Liam links his arm with mine. 'This better be worth it Ash because-.'

I cut myself off when I saw a pale and crying Tundra. "What the hell happened?" I ask.

Ash looks up at me with puffed up eyes. "We-We h-had t-trip-lets." He stuttered out. That's impossible! I only heard two heart-.

I fell to the ground. "No." I whisper. Liam holds my hand. "No." I whisper again. Tundra looks down at me, then Liam.

"There's nothing we could've done." He cries. First we find out that I can't have babies, then we find out that Tundra lost one.

What have we done to be forsaken this way?

"I'm so sorry you guys." I whimper out. 'There's nothing you could've done.' The voice of Tundra fills my head.

"That's what makes me feel worthless." I say. I stand up "Excuse me." I walk out of the infirmary and to my room.

I gently close the door behind me and take a deep breath. I scope through my books for a certain one.

Then I find it.

I open it and scan through the pages. I have to find anyway to help my family.

Tundra's POV

Ash carried me home as I cried. I can't believe this. He carried me upstairs and into our room. He sets me on the bed and I curl up in a ball. I whimpered and cried.

Ash hugs me as he sobs quietly. I felt his body shake as he let out his emotions. I turned around in his arms and hug him.

"I'm so sorry... I didn't mean for this to happen." I sobbed in Ash's head.

"I-It wasn't your fault, no o-one is at fault." Ash cried.

I grab his hand and squeeze it. He gets up off of the bed.

"I need a minute, don't go anywhere, I'll be right back." Ash leaned down and kissed my head.

He exits our room. I ignore what he said and I followed his scent. It stopped at the nursery.

"Mom, please don't make Tundra suffer anymore, she has gone through so much." Ash weeped.

I opened the door a bit and I saw Ash on his knees with his shoulders hunched over.

"I love her to death and my pups too. It crushed both of us when we found out about the third one... Even Kestrel is upset." Ash cried as he put his head in his hands.

I couldn't take it anymore. I walked in and kneeled in front of him. He looked at me with his puffy red eyes and he pulled me into a hug. I sobbed loudly into his shoulder.

After a few hours, I was tired from crying. Ash picked me up and carried me to our room. He set me down on the bed and crawled in next to me. He held my stomach in his arms as we both fell asleep.

Kestrel's POV

I throw another book across the room. Where the hell is it? I scramble through my books once again.

Then I see it, the purple leather book sits in the very back of my shelf.

I pull it out and grin. This is it! I flip through the pages until I find the spell. The life spell.

I scan the ingredients.

Wolfsbane

Something from the subject

Tiger lily petal

Sapling of an old oak tree

Blood of the caster

I groan at the first ingredient. Dammit! I shift into wolf form and run outside. I run to the gardens and shift back into my human form.

I find the tiger lilies and pluck a petal from them. That was easy, I run into ths forest and find the oak trees.

Later That Night....

I gather all the ingredients and put them into a mixing bowl. I take a deep breath. I havent performed witchcraft since.... I can't think of that now.

Concentrate.

I mix the ingredients together and grab the sewing needle. I begin the incantation.

"Vita vitae meae,
Anima de anima mea,
Sanguinem sanguine,
Vita autem ego in te,
Ut animam tuam sicut ablata,
In tempore non tuo,
Sanguinis autem sanguis meus,
In Pretium ut sint mortifera,
Donec Sed nunc est tui!"

I prick my finger and my blood falls into the bowl. A small blue fire starts up and then quickly extinguished itself.

I clean out the bowl and put it back. I hope the spell works.