Astrid// What is love?

What is love?
     When Astrid was five she was always intrigued with Hiccup. He was shy, but very handy and fun. His personality reflected in his work. He never liked to show his work, but when he did, it was beautiful. Astrid and Hiccup's friendship blossomed and grew closer.

     Astrid was ten when her father cared more about her training then ever. She would train in the woods with her axe for hours at a time. She started forgetting about Hiccup and their friendship. She would speak a small "hello", but nothing more.
     Her father cared about her being the best, but ignored her feelings and emotions. "Warriors never show feelings." That was his motto. Astrid followed it to the length. Soon, her training became more than her personal life. She set aside her feelings and worked to please her father. After a short while, Astrid did not know what love was.

     Astrid was thirteen when she turned on Hiccup for good. She started getting with the top teens. She made herself forget her feelings towards Hiccup. Her father was proud of her, she could not afford to become weak now. The teens always picked on Hiccup for being a hiccup.
     By the time Astrid was fifteen, she had forgotten all about Hiccup and her childhood. She was top of the class. The teens jeered and mocked Hiccup. Though Astrid never took part in them personally, she would watch with a glare or a frown. Astrid felt a pang in her heart, but she always ignored it. She believed that if you felt pain or hurt, you were a coward a weak.
     When Hiccup took Astrid for a spin on Toothless, Astrid's eyes were opened. Her heart was light for the first time in ten years. She knew Hiccup was being nice. She pushed aside her father's teachings and released her feelings. Her feelings were strong after being locked up for ten years.
     When she shyly gave him a peck on the cheek, she realized that she cared about him. She knew it went both ways; however, when Hiccup's father disowned him, she knew she would be there for him. Her father yelled and her mother chided, but Astrid stood firm on her newly found feelings.
     When Hiccup had been in a coma, Astrid felt her heart yearn for him. She knew that she liked him and she did not stop that feeling.
     As the time progressed, Hiccup and Astrid found each other closer then ever. Soon they were defeating Viggo, Ryker and Drago, mourning Astrid's family's death, finding his mother and mourning his father's death.
     As Astrid found herself growing old with Hiccup, she remembered all the memories bestowed upon her. Hiccup wrapped her in his arms for their final hug. Astrid closed her eyes and knew she had found something.
                                                                   She had found LOVE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE SURPASSED 5K READS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YIPEE!!!!!! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!
Thanks to you all who are my readers! Sending lots of love this Easter!
Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee!