Heatlegs// The Berserk

"Heather? Are you sure?"
     "I have to Fishlegs. I have to step up. I'm the only one," Heather sighed.
"I know," Fishlegs whispered.
Fishlegs and Heather were sitting on a nearby cliff. Heather had left a long time ago; however, she and Fishlegs had secretly been meeting for a year.
"Fishlegs, will you come with me?" Heather looked at him with wide eyes. "I can't be without you again."
"Heather, follow me." Fishlegs got up from his spot ant lead her to a grove of flowers.
"Woah." Heather gaped at the sight.
"Heather? I want to ask you, we've been seeing each other in private for a while. Why can't we make it public? Will you marry me?" Fishlegs asked.
"Fishlegs, you know this would mean you'd become King of the Berserkers," Heather checked.
"All I want to be, is with you," Fishlegs stated.
Heather smiled widely. "Than I accept."
Fishlegs slipped a thin silver band on her finger and picked her up. Heather squealed as he twirled her over his head. Heather leaned down and pressed a soft, but long-lasting kiss on his lips.

"The Queen of the Berserkers has returned! And she has brought a king!"
Cheers erupted. Heather stood tall, her hands folded in front of her. She snuck a glance at Fishlegs, who was being adorned with an elaborate golden band. Heather smiled as he beamed with delight.
A buff Berserker walked up to Heather. He bowed before his Queen. "My name is Oswald."
Heather's hand flew to her mouth. He looked at her with deep green eyes. Heather's eye watered as she flung herself on him.
     "Dad."
     Fishlegs came up behind her. Heather smiled at her lost father. Oswald grinned at his daughter.
     "Take care of her," he told Fishlegs.
     Fishlegs shook his hand. "I will."

     "So, dad," Heather started hesitantly.
     "Heather, I know I haven't been there for you, but I need to know where Dagur is. Please Heather," Oswald pleaded.
     Heather looked at her boots. Inhaling she choked, "Dagur is dead."
     Oswald looked astounded.
     "He died saving," Heather looked away. "Me. I was caught by dragon hunters and he gave his life to save me."
     Oswald pulled his daughter close. He never wants to let her go. And he didn't. He stayed by her side until he joined Dagur.