Astrid// Surprise?

It was a sunny day on Berk. It was not just any day, it was Astrid Hofferson's 18th birthday. The day she finally becomes an adult to Vikings. This was to be a day to remember.
     "Alright! Keep cool and don't let Astrid know that there's a surprise party," Hiccup instructed strictly.
     "Okay's" and "yup got it's" were heard as everyone rushed off to start decorating.

     Astrid woke to with a grin. Not only was it her birthday, but it was also the day her parents came back from their fishing trip. She jumped out of bed and whistled for Stormfly.
     Stormfly landed outside her door as she mounted her. Astrid and Stormfly soared to the docks.
     Astrid bounced slightly. Hiccup came up and wrapped an arm around her shoulder.
     "Happy birthday M'lady," Hiccup whispered.
     "Thanks." Astrid glanced at him and then back to the dock.
     "Excited?" Hiccup asked, indicating that she was still bouncing.
     "Yes! This was the first trip they took for a year and I miss them!" Astrid blabbered.
     The boat unloaded with Vikings. Vikings carried baskets and grim faces. As they passed Astrid, they shot we pitied looks.
     Astrid ignored them and kept watch for her parents. Soon the wave of Vikings stopped. Astrid furrowed her brows.
     "Sven!" Astrid hailed the Viking. "Where are my parents?"
     "Nobody told you lass? A storm broke the boat they were in. They died." Sven kept walking, his eyes betraying that he did not want to break the news.
     Astrid's eyes went wide. The world seemed to fall into a stony silence. Astrid pushed viciously through the crowd, Hiccup following behind.
     Astrid made it a few paces before Hiccup grabbed her. He pulled her close to him, his arms wrapping protectively around her. Astrid cracked. Tears spilled out faster than a waterfall.
     "They're gone, they're gone, they're gone," Astrid repeated.
     Villagers stopped and looked at them, but a strict glare from Hiccup sent them on their way. Hiccup murmured soothing words to her.
     "I didn't even get to say goodbye," Astrid wailed pitifully.
     Hiccup turned them around so his arm was holding her shoulder.
     "I know, I know," Hiccup whispered.
     He placed a delicate kiss onto her head as he guided her to his hut. Hiccup helped her up the stairs to his loft. He sat down with her still wailing ad sobbing inaudible things.
She instinctively laid down. Her body automatically curled into a ball. Astrid moved as if she was not in control. Hiccup brushed his hand through her bangs. She suddenly jolted up with a shriek. Hiccup toppled off the bed and landed with a thud on the floor. He looked up to see Astrid with wide eyes. Her hands gripped the bedside. Her face was pale and her lip was quivering.
"Hiccup?" Astrid asked.
"Astrid? Can I show you something?" Hiccup asked.
Astrid wiped her face and nodded. Hiccup led her to the arena. He placed gentle hands bed her eyes and led her in. He took his hands away from her face.
Light flooded in and Astrid saw a large banner that hung.
"Surprise!" Everyone yelled.
Astrid gasped and we hands flew to her mouth. Hiccup smiled and nudged her forward.
"Astrid?"
"Mom! Dad!" Astrid raced into the safety if her parents arms. "I thought you were dead."
"It was all a set up, for your party." Astrid's mother stroked Astrid's head.
Astrid walked up and punched Hiccup on the shoulder. Hiccup whirled.
"That's for making me sad," Astrid said with a glare.
Then she surged forward kissing Hiccup. Hiccup kissed her back. They broke for air.
"That's for making me happy again."