The Girl in the Pink Dress

Cody’s POV

I remember the day we met. She was wearing a pink dress. Not bright pink, but a cute light pink. I thought she was so pretty. I wanted to marry her right there and then. I skipped over to her. “Hi there! I’m Cody! What’s your name?” I said to her. “I’m Kiara.” She said softly, giving me a shy smile. “Why aren’t you over there playing with everyone else?” “I’m scared.” She said, looking down. “It’s okay,” I took her hand and led her over to the play part of the classroom, “I’ll be your friend.” She smiled the biggest smile I’ve ever seen. That’s when I knew that I had found the girl of my dreams. Even at that little age of five, I knew what love was.

I ran a hand through my hair as I walked down the street. I was heading home from a rehearsal for my new video. After my three days of absence, my director was furious. I was in a bad enough mood already. It was only three so I was going to Needa Pita to blow off some steam. When I sat in that restaurant, I could fantasize about Kiara all I wanted. I was rounding the corner when I saw a familiar blonde pony tail bobbing up and down. It couldn’t be. It just couldn’t. She was a block away and was crossing the street. Oh my God. I jogged after her, then started sprinting. I pushed past tons of people who probably thought I was insane. I was almost there.

“Kiara!” I yelled after her. She didn’t turn around. I sprinted as fast as possible to her and grabbed her shoulder. She spun around, her earphones falling out. Her face was a mixture of surprise and anxiety. She looked like she hadn’t slept in days, but she still looked beautiful. “Cody...” she whispered. “I never ever stopped loving you. I love you, Kiara Marie West. Letting you go is the biggest mistake I’ve ever made.” I said very fast, trying to get my feelings out as fast as possible. Her eyes widened in shock. I took a chance and leaned in. I kissed her and she kissed back. My arms snaked around her waist and her hands ran through my hair. We stood in the middle of the sidewalk, making out for who knows how long.

We broke apart and our foreheads were touching. “I love you too, Cody. There was never a day that I didn’t think about you,” she whispered, her warm breath tickling my nose. “Happy anniversary, babe,” I said to her. “Anniversary?” “Of the day we met. We met eleven years ago on this day.” I smiled. She smiled, “Simpson, you never cease to amaze me at how romantic you are.” We kissed again and I felt complete. I had the girl in the pink dress again and I was never going to let her go.

Kiara’s POV

After all we’ve been through, Cody and I are back together again. Yes, it’s going to be hard, but that’s okay. I’m with the boy I love and that’s all that matters. I had my best friend back. The boy who would do anything for me. The boy that made me smile. The boy who would fly across the world to see me. The boy who could make me laugh so hard that I would cry. The boy who made me feel beautiful. The boy who’s name was Cody Robert Simpson. 

“Ready to go?” A pair of arms wrapped around my waist. I turned my head to see Cody’s smiling face. “Yeah,” I said, smiling back. He spun my around to face him. “Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?” “You might have mentioned it a couple times,” I grinned. “You are too cute,” He kissed me on the nose. I giggled. I took his hand and we walked out of the kitchen. “So how does it feel to be seventeen?” He smiled. “I still feel like the 14-year old Kiara who was dating that Australian pop star. What was his name again?” I smiled at him. “I think his name was Sody Cimpson.”

“Yes! That was his name!” I said, jumping up and down. “Well, at the age of seventeen and a day, I feel like that 14-year old boy who was in love with his best friend and whom he still loves to this day.” He smiled. I melted inside. I looked up into his blue-green eyes and felt so amazing. We kissed and he took my hand. “We should probably get going. Don’t want us to be late to our own party.” He said. “Lead the way, Mr. Simpson.” We walked outside and he opened the limo door for me. “After you, Mrs. Simpson.” He grinned. I smiled and we kissed again. I was happy. Happy that I was in love with my best friend. Cody was the best boyfriend/best friend ever. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with this boy. Hollywood couldn’t bring us down. I won’t let it. Cody’s mine and I’m his. That’s the way it should be. 

And as someone once said,

"From every human being there rises a light that reaches straight to heaven. And when two souls that are destined to be together find each other, their streams of light flow together, and a single brighter light goes forth from their united being."

Cody is my light.

------------------

THE END.    :') 

I'm really sad that I have to finish this story, and I know all of you are too. So do you guys want a sequel? :) Because I would absolutely love to write a sequel!! You guys have been amazing to me and this story. Thank you for all of your support and votes, helping me get to Fanfiction #29 and with over 23,000 reads! You guys are incredible! :') 

I love you all, 

Emmi <3