Welcome to Paradise

I walked out of the audition room, consumed with fear. They hated me. The judges did not look impressed. I felt like crying. I tried my best. I was going to find out if I made it in a couple days. Maybe they were supposed to not have any facial expressions. I kept telling myself that as I walked to the car, a tear starting to form. I got into the car and the driver took me through StarBucks.

I got a frappacino and snapped a picture. “Sippin after a bit of dancin.” I put as the caption on instagram. The sugar made me feel a bit better. There would be other auditions, right? Ugh, I needed Cody right now. A half hour later, I was walking up to the door of the house. I rang the doorbell and Cody answered.

“What happened?” He said when he saw my expression. I hugged him and buried my face in his chest. I didn’t say anything as Cody rubbed my back. We stood there in silence for a few minutes until he said, “Kiara, what happened?”

“They hated me. I know it. The looks on their faces. I know they thought I was awful.” I said, a tear starting to come. “I’m sure they just weren’t showing any expression. Don’t worry. You made it for sure.” He said as he released me from the hug. “You’re right.” I said, “Thanks, Cody.” “You’re welcome Ki. Alli’s upstairs waiting for you.” “Okay.” I said, letting go of his hand and going upstairs. “Hey Alls.” I said. “Ki! Hey! How was your audition?” She said. “I’m not sure. I couldn’t really read their expressions. I tried my best. I didn’t mess up or anything so I’m hoping that I got the apprenticeship. If I got it, I might be able to move here! How amazing would that be?” I said. “That would be so so so amazing! I bet you got in. You’re the best dancer I know.” She said with a smile. “Thanks Alls. Your brother says the same thing.” I said. “Of course he does.” She said. “So what are we going to do today?” “We are going shopping on Rodeo!” She said. “Seriously?!” I said, “Oh my God!! Let me go change.” “Yep! And okay.” She said.

I went to my room and changed into black skinny jeans, combat boots, and a flowy white tee. I put on Cody’s necklace. I grabbed my ray bans and vera bradley wristlet. I shoved my phone in my pocket. I went back to Alli’s room. “You look cute!” She said. “So do you!” I said, checking out her outfit. Purple tank top with skinny jeans and Pastrys. She looked super cute. “Let’s go!” Alli said.

Best shopping spree ever. Alli paid for everything, again. We grabbed a bite to eat at a bistro. “So are you having fun?” Alli said as we were walking to another store. “Why wouldn’t I be?” I said. “You girls having fun?” Brad said from behind us. “Yeah.” Me and Alli said at the same time. We laughed and walked into Ralph Lauren. This place was definitely paradise.

“Are you Alli Simpson?!” A group of girls came up to us outside Coach. “Yeah, I am.” She said to them with a smile. “Can we some pictures?” One asked. “Of course.” Alli said. She took pictures with each of the girls and they were off. “Someone’s famous.” I chuckled. “I am. You jealous?” She giggled. “Nope.” I said. “That’s why you’re my best friend.” She said, linking arms with me.

“This one is for the boys in the booming system..” Me and Alli sang. We were making a music video. Cody was filming as me and Alli rapped to Nicki. Dressed in cute matching black blazers with different colored shirts underneath, we danced around in the living room and on the balcony. We even had a little dance.

When we finished, Alli said, “This is definitely going on Youtube.” I smiled. “What do you say to Cody?” Cody said to Alli. “Thank you, Cody.” She said. “You are very welcome.” He said, “So are these the outfits you guys bought today?” “Yep, and much more.” I said. Cody chuckled. “Alli’s a serial shopper.” “I know. She shops so much, she even shops for other people! Like me!” I laughed. “So guess who you are going to meet on Thursday?” Cody said. “Who?” “Justin. Bieber.” Cody said. I screamed. “Are you serious?!?!?!” I said. Cody nodded and covered his ears. I screamed again. “I love you!” I said, hugging him. I kissed him on the cheek and he blushed. “It’s not a big deal.” He shrugged. “It’s a big deal to me!” I said, “Because I’m a girl. Boys don’t understand the Biebs.” He laughed and hugged me. “Have I ever told you how much you make me laugh?” “Nope.” I smiled at him. He kissed me on the nose. “Ew! Cooties!” Alli said. We looked at her and laughed.