Forgotten, again.

“Kiara! Please open the door!” He said, his voice slightly muffled by the door. He pounded on the door. Feeling tears coming on, I pulled open the door.

“Kiara, please let me explain.” He said, eyes pleading. “You have thirty seconds.” I said, crossing my arms over my chest. “Ki, I am so sorry. I should have kept in touch with you. Please forgive me, Ki?”

“Cody, sorry doesn’t cut it. You left and never bothered to try to stay friends. But you kept in touch with Jake, not me.” I said, backing into the house, “And only my friends call me Ki.”

I slammed the door in his face. I slid down to the ground, crying. I leaned against the door and put my head in my hands. After awhile, I looked out the window and he was gone.

I wiped away my tears and decided to go to the beach before rehearsal. I got changed into a cute dark purple bikini, put some jean shorts and a white tank on top, and grabbed my sunglasses.  I put my hair in a low ponytail and grabbed my beach bag and towel. I put on some sunscreen and walked out the back door to the beach.

I was at the beach in two minutes. I laid on my towel and tried to tan. I closed my eyes and cleared my head. I thought of my dance steps in my head. Dress rehearsal was tonight. Sleeping Beauty opened tomorrow.

I was playing Sleeping Beauty. I mentally went through my routine. Suddenly, I felt it get colder. I opened my eyes to see Cody standing over me. He was biting his lip. “What do you want?” I practically hissed.

“Just let me explain. Please?” He said, offering his me his hand to help me get up. I didn’t take it and stood up by myself. “Fine.” I crossed my arms over my chest again.

“Come walk with me.” He said, offering his hand. I didn’t take it and walked next to him. He looked out at the water. “I missed this beach a lot.” He said, looking at some surfers, “I missed surfing too. Do you still surf?” He asked me.

“Yes.” I said, avoiding eye contact, “What are you doing here, Cody?” “I-” “It’s Cody Simpson!” A girl screamed. We turned around to see about thirty girls running toward us. When they came up to Cody, he started signing autographs and taking pictures.

He had completely forgotten about me again. I slipped away from Cody and he didn’t notice. Some of the girls gave me dirty looks, but I ignored them. I ran to my stuff and picked it up.

I didn’t look back. I ran home and landed on my couch in tears. Cody had forgotten me, again.