Lucky I'm in Love with My Best Friend

I was walking home from the store a couple days later, bags in hand, when a couple of preteen girls came up to me. “Are you Kiara West?!” One asked excitedly. “Yeah..” I said, a bit confused. “OMG! You’re best friends with Cody Simpson!” Another said. “Yeah, I am.” I gave them a little smile. “Can we have your autograph!?” The third one said.

“Sure,” I said as they handed me a pen. I signed autographs and took pictures with each of them. “Thank you!” One said, giving me a hug. “You’re welcome.” I said and they walked off.

People wanted MY autograph! This is crazy! I pulled out my phone and called Cody. “Hey KiKi,” he said happily. “Guess what?!” I practically screamed into the phone. “Ouch! Not so loud, Ki!” He laughed, “What?” “Some of your fans just asked me for my autograph!” I said. “Really?” He laughed, “You find the simplest things so exciting.” “Hey! I’m famous now!” I said. “Is that a good thing?” He chuckled, “I don’t want it all going to your head. Plus, being famous kind of sucks. Paparazzi follows you everywhere.” “Never mind! I don’t want to be famous!” I said. “That’s what I like to hear,” He chuckled. His chuckle was so cute.

“You want to go do something? Like see a movie? I hear it’s supposed to rain today.” “Yeah, sure. What time?” I asked, walking up my steps. “I see you,” He said. I turned around. He was nowhere in sight. “Where are you?” I said, still looking around. “I’ll never tell.” He said. “Cody, you are being really creepy right now.” I said, playing with my hair, “What am I doing right now?” “Playing with your hair in the adorable way that you always do.” He said.

“Awe, you’re so sweet.” I said, “And creepy.” “But you still love me.” I could tell he was smirking. “Well, I’m going inside now.” I said, hanging up and going up to the front door. I started to unlock it when someone grabbed me front behind. I screamed then turned around to face Cody. He laughed, “I got you!” He danced around.

“You are such a child.” I said, “Were you in the bushes?” “Yep,” He smiled. “How long have you been waiting?” I said. “Only an hour. You shop for a long time.” “I was getting groceries,” I said. “So do you want to go to the movie now? It starts in a half hour.” He said. “Sure, but you’re paying!” I said, poking his stomach and running inside, “Let me go upstairs and change.” He followed me inside. “You put away the groceries.” I giggled and shoved the bags at him and bolted up the stairs. I changed out of my white tee shirt and put on a light blue striped shirt.

I grabbed a hoodie because movie theaters are freezing and grabbed a bag. I called and told my mom I was going out. I hung up with her as I was entering the kitchen. Cody was busy putting away the groceries. “Good boy,” I patted his head like he was a dog, “Who’s a good boy? Cody is!” He gave me a goofy smile and I laughed. I grabbed some candy and soda. I stuffed the food in my purse. Movie theater food was so over priced! My phone vibrated and I took it out on my back pocket. It was a text from Ashley. It said, “Kiara! I am so sorry! Please call me!” I didn’t bother replying. I was still mad at her. “You know, you should call her.” Cody said from behind me. He had been looking over my shoulder. I turned to him and said, “I-I don’t want to talk to her right now. I will, just not now.” I said. “Okay. If you want to talk about it, I’m always here.” He said. “Yeah, I know,” I said, resting my head on his chest. “So are you ready to go?” He asked. “Yep!” I said, pulling him out the door. 

Later that day, I got a very important phone call. “Hello?” I said. “Hello, may I please speak to Miss. Kiara West?” A woman said on the other line. “This is she. May I ask who is calling?” I said. “My name is Marie Fante from the Sydney Theatre Company. We saw you performance in Sleeping Beauty in June and we thought you were exceptional. We are holding a gala for charity and we would be honored if you performed for the production.” She said. I almost fainted.