Exciting News

A week later, Cody and Alli did a signing at the piazza. They met fans and signed autographs. I hung back, walking around to the not crowded stores as everyone was at the food court. I walked into Chic Chick, a trendy boutique. I saw my good friend, Rachel, who was a junior and worked here. The store was completely empty.

“Hey girl,” She said. “Hey,” I gave her a hug. “I need your help. I am in search of the perfect dress.” I told her. “Okay, what’s your dress size?” She asked. “Uh, small?” I said. “I’ll grab the smallest sizes we have and meet you in the dressing room.” She said, walking over to the huge dress rack. I went into the dressing room and started trying on dresses. Rachel critiqued each one and took lots of pictures. None of them felt quite right. Rachel brought me a single-shouldered flowy gray dress. I put it on then showed Rachel.

“That is the dress!” She said excitedly. I looked in the mirror and it fit perfectly. I loved it. “Yeah it is.” I smiled, “I’ll take it.” She took a picture of me in the dress. I spun around and giggled. Cody was going to love me in this! I took off the dress and changed. I checked the time. It was three. The signing should be over by now.

I texted Cody, “You guys done yet?” I brought the dress up to the register and Rachel rung it up. I paid for it and got a text back from Cody. “Yeah. Meet car behind Pac Sun.” “Thank you so much girl!” I said, hugging Rachel. “You’re welcome, KiKi!” She said, “See you later!” “Bye!” I said, walking out of the store. A sea of girls was still in the food court. I made my way through, weaving in and out of all the girls.

A couple girls recognized me, but I quickly slipped on my sunglasses. When I finally got to Pac Sun, I ran around to the car. I got in and took off my sunglasses. “Hey,” Cody said. “Hey KiKi!” Alli said. “Hey, how was your signing?” “So long!” Alli said. “But it was great. The fans are amazing.” Cody added.

“Well, I shopped in peace. No one was in any of the stores.” I said. “What’s in the bag?” Cody asked. “It’s a surprise.” I said with a smile. He pouted. “So are you coming over, Alli?” I asked. “I have to go to my friend’s party. Sorry Ki.” She said. “That’s okay. I guess it will just be me and Cody.” I said. “Forever and always.” He sang. “Taylor Swift? You’re so cheesy.” I laughed.

When we got back to my house, my mum gave us amazing news. “Guess who’s going to L.A. in September?!” She said exuberantly. “Cody?” I guessed. “No, you!” She said. “What?!” I said jumping up and down. “You have an audition! And you’re staying with the Simpsons for three weeks!”

“Oh my God!” I said, hugging my mom, “Thank you, thank you, thank you!” “You’re welcome sweetie.” She smiled. I looked over to Cody, who was smiling widely. I hugged him too. “Audition for what?” I asked my mom. “LA ballet company.” She said excitedly, “They called today! They’re considering you for an apprenticeship!”

“This is incredible!” I said, “I have to call Alli!” I called Alli. “Hey KiKi!” She said excitedly. “Alli! I’m coming to L.A. for THREE WEEKS!” I said. “I KNOW! Holy crap! I’m so excited!” She said. “Me too! I get to go to the Coast to Coast release party!” “EEP! Hey, I have to go! Talk to you later!” She said. “Bye girlie!” I hung up. I looked back at my mum and Cody, who were animately talking about my upcoming visit. “I’ll go make some pizza.” My mom said, then went into the kitchen. Me and Cody went upstairs. “So we need to make a list of everything we need to do while I’m in LA!” I said. He chuckled, “Okay.”

“Oh my God! What am I going to wear? Oh my God! What am I going to wear? Oh my God! What am I going to dance?” I said. Cody grasped my shoulders, “Whoa. Calm down, Ki.” He said. I sat down on my bed and started making lists. He laughed. I wrote a ton of stuff in a matter of ten minutes. He looked over my shoulder and read one of the things I wanted to do. “Number 2: Meet Justin Bieber.” He chuckled, “Really?” “Yes! He is so hot!” I said. “Hotter than me?” Cody asked. “Yep.” I smiled. He put his hand on his heart. “Just kidding!” I playfully hit him. “Good. And maybe we’ll see him.” He winked. “Seriously?! Oh my God!” I hugged him. “Kids! Dinner!” I heard my mom yell. “Pizza!” Cody said, pulling me downstairs.

Over the next few weeks, I spent every second, every hour of the day with Cody Robert Simpson. I never stopped smiling. Jake and I even threw him a farewell party. Unfortunately, it was time for the Simpsons to go back to America. The night before they left, after Cody’s farewell party, me and Cody were walking on the beach. We held hands and just looked at the water.

“I’m going to miss you.” I said. “You know, we’ll only be apart for a month.” He said. “But things can change in a month. I want everything to stay like this forever.” I said. “Me too, but this is reality. Things don’t work that way.” He said. “Yeah.” I sighed.

“I got you something.” “You didn’t need to get me anything.” I said. “But I wanted to.” He said with a smile. “But I didn’t get you anything.” “That’s okay.” He said, reaching into his pocket. He pulled out a little black box. He opened it and inside was a sliver necklace with a light blue jewel. “You got me a necklace? You are so sweet!” I hugged him around the neck and kissed him on the cheek. “You like it?” He said happily.

“I love it!” I said. “Let me help you put it on.” He said, taking it out of the box. He clasped it behind my neck and I looked at it. It was beautiful. “It’s the same color as your eyes.” He smiled. “You are so incredibly romantic.” I smiled. “This necklace is a promise. A promise that nothing will ever change between us.” He said, taking my hands. I smiled and kissed him lightly on the lips. He smiled into the kiss and we broke apart. “We should probably head back.” I said, taking his hand. “Okay.” He said, letting me lead the way.

I watched him walk toward the ticket counter. This seemed all too familiar. He looked back at me and I ran to him. He opened his arms and I jumped into them. I hugged him as he lifted me off of my feet. He set me down and we kissed for a few seconds.

“I’ll see you in a month.” He said. “It’s a date.” I smiled. He picked up his luggage and pecked me on the cheek. “Bye.” He said. “Bye.” I said, backing away toward Jake and my mom. I wasn’t going to let myself cry this time. A month wasn’t that long.

----------

Ayeee! You guys like? I'm thinking about putting some of the story in Cody's POV. Any thoughts?? Comments appreciatedd!!

-EmmiBug(: