Explanations

A/N: Heyyy! Thank you all for your support!! Sorry this chapter is so short but a lot is revealed! So read on and enjoy!! (:

-EmmiBug

-------------------

I walked to “our” spot. It was a big rock, partially hidden by some tall grass. The rock was slightly elevated, and Cody and I used to spend hours there, just talking. I climbed up and Cody was already sitting there with a picnic basket.

“Hi,” he said shyly. “Hi,” I said, sitting across from him. I looked out onto the pretty much deserted beach. “Want some fruit?” He said, offering me fruit salad, one of my favorite things. I looked at the rest of the food. The sandwiches were turkey bacon club and the drinks were orange soda. He really was trying to apologize, but he wasn’t going to be forgiven that easily. 

“Yeah, sure,” I said. He put the fruit on a plate and gave it to me. He smiled at me. I looked down at my fruit. I ate some then said, “Why did you want me to come here?” He gave me a blank expression.

“How are you going to convince me to forgive you?” “Ki- I mean Kiara- the reason I ignored you for so long was to protect you.” he said. “Protect me? Protect me from what?” I asked. “I wanted to protect you from the paparazzi and the pressures of Hollywood. You were so shy and I didn’t want to stress you out with all of that.” He said.

“Well, why did Jake get to come visit you?” I asked. “He’s a bit more outgoing and it’s not like the tabloids would say that Jake and I were dating.” he said. “You were afraid of that?” I said. “Yeah and so was Shawn. He advised me to not invite you and to not keep in touch. I guess it would be a distraction and cause lots of gossip and unwanted attention to you. I didn’t want my fans hating on you.” he said.

“So you did all of this without asking me?!” I stood up, “I would have been up to it! You are-were- my best friend. I would have done what ever it took to still be your best friend.You never even called.” A tear started to form.

“I got a new phone and lost all of my numbers. I tried to Skype you, but it stopped working.” He said. “I can’t believe you, Cody. You kissed me then left. What was that?” I said, starting to walk off the rock. I jumped onto the sand and started walking. “It was a goodbye kiss. I was only trying to protect you, Kiara.” He said, grabbing my wrist and spinning me to face him.

“Do you know what you put me through, Cody Robert Simpson? I was so lonely without you! I tried to find you, you know that?! I was so depressed. Nothing was fun without you. I would just sit in my room and cry. How would you feel if I completely forgot about you?!” I said, pushing his chest. He backed up a bit as I kept going.

“Then you think you can come back and bring me a picnic and everything will be better? Well, you’re wrong. You ruined my opening night and my first day of real summer! You ruined half of eighth grade for me! You ruined my entire life, Cody!” I said, tears falling down my face, “I was in love with you!”

I clamped my hand over my mouth after saying that last part. Why did I just say that? I panted. That was a lot to get out. He stood there for a minute, looking at me with those gorgeous green eyes. He pulled me into him and kissed me. When he pulled away, he smiled at me.

I slapped him and said, “Do you really think I’m going to forgive you that easily? Think again.” I turned around and walked back toward my house. I turned back to see Cody just standing there, hurt in his eyes. Well, now he knows how I felt.