He's Back, again.

I woke up to Cody’s voice. Wait, Cody’s?! I opened my eyes and saw Cody sitting there with my dad. “Hey, Kiara.” He said. “Cody, what are you doing here?” I said. “I’ll give you guys some privacy.” My dad said, then left the room. I nodded and looked back at Cody. “I came to see you. Alli said you were in the hospital and that you might have a tumor. So I got on the next plane and flew here.” He said, standing next to my bed. I sat up and said, “Does Alli know you’re here?” “Yes, and so do my parents.” he said.

“Why did you feel the need to fly all the way across the world to see me?” I asked him. “My best friend might have cancer. I came to comfort you.” He said, sitting down and trying to take my hand. “Cody, didn’t I tell you that I can fight my own battles?” I said. He looked down. “And I’m not very sure about you being my best friend anymore.” I said, crossing my arms.

He was silent until a lady came in to put in my IV. I winced when she put the IV in, but then it didn’t hurt anymore. “Oh, here you go honey.” She said, handing me a red bear that said, “I love you” on it. “It’s Valentines Day?” I said. “Yes, and I see you have a Valentine.” She winked at me. “Oh no, we’re not-” I tried to say, but the lady had already left the room. I saw Cody smile a bit.

“How does Kylie feel that you’re not with her on Valentines Day?” I said. “She doesn’t know I’m here. I have to call her.” He said, getting out his phone. She called him before he could dial her number. “Cody?!” She said. “Hey Kylie.” “Where are you?!?!” She said. “I’m in Australia.” “Why are you in Australia?!” “Kiara’s in the hospital.” “Oh I see how it is. You’d choose your ex girlfriend over your girlfriend! On Valentines Day!”

“She might be really sick. She’s important to me, Kylie! She’s my best friend!” “Whatever. We’re done.” She said, then hung up. He didn’t look too upset. “Why would you come if your girlfriend was going to freak out like that?” I asked. “Because I don’t care about her.” He said with a small smile, “Because I’m in love with someone else.” I knew it was me. Well, I didn’t love him anymore, right?

“And who might that be?” I asked. “You,” He said. I knew it. “That’s not going to win me over. Neither is singing a song like last time.” I knew I was being a jerk to him, but he deserved it. “I know.” He said, “Can’t I just be your best friend again?” “I don’t know, Cody.” I said, “What you said last time I saw you really stung. You know that?” He didn’t say anything. “I’m staying, okay? I know you really hate me, but I’m still your friend and I’m going to stay.” He said, sitting back in his chair. “Okay.” I said.

“So how have you been?” He said. “Uh, well, I’m in the hospital if you couldn’t see that already.” I said. “I meant before you ended up in the hospital.” he said. ‘Oh, I got elected class president and I have some new really great friends. I got the lead again. Just the whole diabetes thing messed some of it up.” I said. “Well, that’s good. Except for the diabetes part.” He said. I softened up a bit, “How have you been?” “Busy. Been working on a new album. Just wrapped up a tour.” He said. “Wow. I thought I was busy.” I chuckled. I smiled a bit. We caught up for the next half hour. I ordered my lunch and took my medication. My dad came back with my mom. He must have picked her up at the hotel while I was talking to Cody.

“Hey, honey. Uh, hi Cody.” My mom said as she walked in. “Hi, Mrs. West.” He said. My food came. Buttered noodles with a piece of cake and green beans. Yum! I ate and Cody said, “I’ll be right back.” I nodded and he left the room. “What’s he doing here?” My mom asked. “He heard that I was in the hospital and that I might have a tumor, so he got on the first plane here.” “Oh, well, I have to say that is extremely romantic.” She said. It was really romantic. “That’s the problem.” I grumbled. “Oh, honey. It will work out between you two.” She said. “We are going to head down to the cafeteria to eat. They’re going to do an ultrasound in a few minutes so Cody can go with you.” “Okay.” I said and my parents left. I sighed and turned on the TV. Four Weddings was on and I watched it excitedly. There was a marathon all day!