Listen to Me

The next few concerts were the same. Jessica would get close to Cody and he would smoothly move away. I made a point to talk to him about it, but there was never time. Jessica would insult me on a daily basis and try to flirt with Cody during rehearsals and sound checks. Cody didn’t realize she was flirting with him and would just have a normal conversation with her, leaving her really irritated. I was walking down the hall one day and had heard Jessica yelling into her phone. She was in her dressing room, so I put my ear to the door.

“I am the hottest girl around! How can he not like me?! Kiara is not pretty! I am! I always get what I want! I always do!” I ran to Alli after hearing that. I was fuming. “You need to talk to Cody about it!” Alli said, “He’s a stupid boy. He’s oblivious. Do something before she makes a move!” “Okay, okay, I will.” I said.

I was currently getting ready to go to the Hard Rock Cafe with everyone. I put on a cute shirt from PacSun with white shorts and brown braided flip flops. I braided the front of my hair and pulled it into a pony tail. I put on my Aviators and grabbed my phone. I hopped out of the tour bus to see Alli waiting with Jared and Cody. “Ready?” I asked. “We have to wait for Jessica.” Alli rolled her eyes. “I thought it was going to be just us.” “My parents suggested that we invite her,” Alli said. Great, just great. “Something wrong?” Cody came over to me. “I need to talk to you about something.” “Okay,” He said. “Well, Jessica-” “Hey guys!” Jessica said cheerfully as she came up to us, “Ready to go?” “Yeah,” Alli grumbled.

We got into the car and went to the Hard Rock. Jared had called ahead so we could get a private spot. I sat down next to Cody, across from Alli. Jessica sat on the other side of Cody, across from Jared. “So Kiara, I hear you’re a dancer.” Jessica said nicely to me. “Yeah, I am. I’m an apprentice at the LA Ballet.” I said. “Oh my gosh! You are so lucky! I’ve always wanted to be a dancer!” Jessica gushed. “I’m sure Kiara could give you lessons.” Cody suggested, “Right, Ki?” “Yeah, sure.” I put on a fake smile on my face. “That would be so awesome. Thanks Kiara!” Jessica said. I made a face to Alli. She rolled her eye and looked down at her phone.

Seconds later, I got a text from her. “I want to rip her eyes out.” The text said. I laughed really loudly and Cody and Jessica looked at me like I was crazy. Jared and Alli just laughed. I looked back down at my phone and texted Alli back. “Same here. Just watch, she’ll keep scooting closer and closer to him.” I texted back. I was right. We ordered our food after that. Over the course of the next ten minutes, she got closer and closer. She was practically in his lap until Cody excused himself to go to the bathroom. Jessica stood up and declared, “I’m going to the bathroom.” She smirked and walked away. Me, Jared, and Alli rolled our eyes.

“I’m going to see what she’s up to.” I got up and walked to the bathroom. Once I got into the bathroom, Jessica was putting on lipgloss. “What are you up to?” I said, crossing my arms. “What are you talking about?” She said innocently. “You know what I’m talking about. You’re smirking.” She stopped putting on lipgloss, put the cap back on, and turned to face me. “Back off, Cody’s mine.” She said. “Uhm, which one of us is his girlfriend?” I said. “Not for long.” She smirked and walked out. 

“Cody, are you busy?” I said, opening his door. “No, come in.” He said. He was laying on his bed, having just woken up from a nap. “We have to talk.” I said. “Okay, about what?” “Jessica.” “Uh, what about her?” He said. “She wants you. She told me.” I said, “And she insults me all the time.” “Jessica would never do that. She’s so nice.” He said. “That’s what everyone thinks. Even ask Alli. She is evil.” I said, “You didn’t realize that she was flirting with you and that she gets super close to you on stage? What about yesterday at the Hard Rock? She was hanging all over you.”