He's Back.

As soon as I got home, I typed in Cody Simpson on Google. Lots of stuff came up. He was already a teen heartthrob!

My eyes widened as pictures of him and Jake came up. According to Cody’s twitter, Jake was with him right now. For Cody’s birthday. And he didn’t even invite me.

My birthday is the day after his! Even Alli came up in the searches. I’ve heard nothing from her. Some so-called ‘twin’. Her twitter was abuzz and so was Cody’s. Jake even had one! I got so angry. I slammed the keyboard and curled up in a ball. I cried again.

Two days later, it was my birthday. It was the first birthday in nine years that Cody wasn’t there to celebrate with me. The day before, I had forced myself to buy Cody’s EP and I actually liked it, but it made me cry so hard.

I subscribed to his Youtube channel and even followed his twitter. I couldn’t ignore him. I still had hope that I could contact him. I decided to tweet him. “Hey @CodySimpson, call me. It’s KiKi.” Cody claimed that he always tries to answer all of his tweets.

Anyway, I spent my birthday surfing with Ashley and Nora. Surfing usually reminded me of Cody, but it didn’t today. It was sunny, even though it was January. That’s how it always was in Australia. After a whole day of surfing, we went over to my house and got changed for my party. 

I had bought the cutest dress for my party. It was a black ruffled dress that was to die for. Nora wore a simple white one-shouldered dress and Ashley wore a muted pink thin-strapped dress. We did our hair and nails, giggling with delight about the party of the year.

It was being held at the fanciest hotel in Gold Coast. We rode to the party in a rented Lincoln car. We all squealed as the car pulled up to the hotel. Nora, Ashley, and I linked arms as we walked into the hotel. We walked into the party room and everyone cheered.

I smiled. I greeted everyone and we partied the night away. The Dj played my favorite songs and no Cody Simpson songs. We ate fancy food and took tons of pictures. All of my friends had a blast and it was the best birthday ever.

I was the most happy I’ve been in the past few months. Cody was the past and I was looking at my future.

In about March, I got a big envelope in the mail. It was addressed to me and there was no return address. Curiously, I opened it. Inside, there was another slightly smaller envelope. I opened that and I found three tickets and some other pieces of paper.

“Tickets?” I said aloud, “To what?” The papers were information about the Australian Kids Choice Awards. “THE AUSTRALIAN KIDS CHOICE AWARDS!?!?” I screamed. Thank God my parents weren’t home. I looked at the writing on the tickets.

Front row?!? Was this a joke or something? I looked throughout the envelope for the name of who sent it. On the inside of the large envelope, there was a little picture. It was the Gold Coast’s Finest sign. Cody sent the tickets. I looked back at the tickets. Cody Simpson was performing.

Oh my God. I pulled out my phone and called Nora. I knew Ashley was with her. “Hey KiKi.” Nora said. “Hey. Is Ash there too?” I asked. “Yeah.” She said. “Put her on speaker. I have to tell you something.” I tried to sound grave. “What’s going on, Ki?” Ashley asked.