Too Late to Apologize?

Alli handed me a spoon and I plunged it into the ice cream. It was chocolate fudge. I put
the ice cream in my mouth and I felt a bit better. I yawned as Alli had woken me up two minutes ago. “I wish I had Bear.” I said to Alli. “Your teddy bear? The big one that you go from Cody?” She put her hand over her mouth after she said his name. She knew not to bring him up. “It’s fine, Alls.” I said and continued eating ice cream. “Let’s watch a movie.” Alli suggested. “Mean Girls?” I said. “Of course!” She said and went to grab her iPad. I continued eating the ice cream, each bite getting increasingly more delicious.

I was still heart-broken though. I stopped crying once I fell asleep. I didn’t even want to see Cody’s face ever again. Okay, that was a lie. I wanted to see him right now. Even though I am so mad at him, I still want him here right now to hold me. I don’t know what I’m thinking. Alli came back and pulled up the movie on her iPad. We decided to go sit on the couch to watch the movie. We started watching the movie and I wasn’t focused on my fight with Cody anymore. I laughed and talked with Alli. We had finished the movie and were watching Wipeout, still eating ice cream when the bus door opened to reveal Cody. When he saw me, he smiled. He ran up to me and kissed me full on the mouth. I softened at his touch, enjoying the feeling of his lips on mine. When we pulled away, Alli said, “I’ll be in my bunk.” She ran to her bunk. Cody looked at me nervously. “I was wrong. Completely. Jessica came onto me before the show. I pushed her away as I had realized that you were right. She is a total jerk. I should have listened to you. I tried to come see you before the show after that, but my manager wouldn’t let me. I am so sorry, this is all my fault. When I saw you cry, my heart died. I was completely responsible for it. I couldn’t stop thinking about you the entire concert. I wish I take it all back, Kiara. I am the worst boyfriend on the face of the planet. I should have protected you. I understand if you don’t want to ever see my face again.” He said.

I looked into his eyes and knew he was genuinely sorry. I hugged him and felt some tears coming on. Why was I crying? I whispered in his ear, “It’s okay,” as he put his arms around me. “Really?” He whispered. “I should have told you before. It’s not your fault. Jessica is fake and she’s very convincing, so I don’t blame you for not believing me. I just want you back.” I said. “I want my girlfriend back too.” He said and leaned in. We kissed and hugged again. “I’m sorry.” I said. “I am too.” “AWE!” I heard Alli say from her bunk, clearly listening in on our conversation. I laughed and so did Cody. “So, Mr. Simpson, would like some ice cream?” I said, pointing to the giant tub of ice cream that was half-eaten. “Yes, Mrs. Simpson, I would love some.” He picked me up and sat us both down on the couch, me on his lap. “I like the ring of that. Kiara Marie Simpson. Married to Cody Robert Simpson. Parents of Xander Harry Simpson.” I giggled.

“You already have our son’s name picked out?” Cody chuckled. “Maybe.” I giggled. “You are too funny,” He brushed his nose against mine. “Ew!” I heard Alli say. We turned to see her watching us. “Alli, when ever you get a boyfriend, you’ll understand.” Cody said. Alli made a face at him and grabbed a drink out of the fridge. She stalked off to her bunk. I laughed as me and Cody enjoyed some ice cream.

“Guess what I found?!” Cody said happily to me a few days later. “What?” “Close your eyes and face away from me.” “Fine.” I put my hands over my eyes and shut them super tight. I felt Cody’s arms put something around my neck. I felt cold metal on my neck. “You can open your eyes now.” He said. I opened them and looked down. It was the necklace Cody had given me last summer. “You found it? I put it in your dresser before I left LA.” “Yeah, I wanted to punch myself in the face when I found it.” He said, “That’s when I knew I had lost you forever.” “Good thing you’re wrong a lot of the time.” I smiled and we kissed.

“You guys are just too cute!” Jessica said mockingly, coming up to us. We had been standing in the parking lot of the venue. “What do you want, Jessica?” I said to her. “I came by to say hi to Cody.” She ran her hand down his arm. He pulled it away and put it around me. Jessica looked at it and saw that we were together again. Anger came across her face. “Well, you said hi, so you might want to get going.” Cody said. “Bye, Jessica.” I said to her and she turned around. She stormed off toward her bus. “So where were we?” Cody said, leaning in. We kissed again and I giggled. He put my on his back and he gave me a piggy back across the parking lot. I have the best boyfriend ever.