Lost Love

It’s been three months and 15 days since I lost her. I’ve been drifting through life, lost without her. This must of how Kiara felt when I left her that first time. I haven’t heard a word about her. I wanted to hear her name, just so I could feel somewhat closer to her. Alli barely talked to her anymore. I can’t even remember the past few days. My head is stuck in the clouds. I can’t find my way. I wanted to scream, cry, do something to let it out. I couldn’t let it out. If I let it out, I would never stop. I dreamed of her eyes, the taste of her lips, of the feel of her blonde hair. I needed to be with her. I stood up, walking out the door. I jogged away from my house. “Where are you going?!” Alli yelled after me. “I’ll be back in ten minutes!” I yelled back at her and sprinted down the street.

I turned the corner onto her street. I ran up to her door and took a deep breath. What was I going to say? What if she slams the door in my face? Here goes nothing. I rung the doorbell and Mrs. West answered. “Uh, hi Cody,” she said. “Hi, Mrs. West, is Kiara home?” She sighed, “She’s in New York for the next few months, Cody. I’m sorry.” “Oh,” was all I could say. She was going to be gone that long? I could barely last another day without her. I had to be near her. I quickly made up a lie, “Well, I had this pair of sunglasses and they were my favorite pair. I think they’re in Kiara’s room,” I said to Mrs. West. “Oh, well you are welcome to go take a look,” She said, gesturing for me to come inside. “Thanks,” I said and went up the stairs. I went to her room and instantly smelled her. I looked around and laid down on her bed. This was the last place we kissed. I smelled her blankets and pillows, trying to grasp her scent. I looked at her bedside table where she had a picture of us when we were ten, holding hands at the beach. She still thought of me. I smiled a bit. I felt tears form. I wished I could hold her in my arms again. I looked at the new things in her room, such as pointe shoes hanging on the wall.

A picture from her Pastry shoot was framed and hanging on the wall. There was a picture of her, smiling, the beach behind her. Then it hit me. I had taken this. She looked so beautiful. I missed her so much. I should probably go. I took in her room one last time, quite possibly the last time I’ll be this close to her ever again. I heaved a sigh and walked out, trying to leave my feelings behind.

Kiara’s POV

I collapsed on my bed, exhausted from dance. I closed my eyes and thought about how it was even possible that I got here. The past six months have been amazing. I’m in New York for the rest of the month, finishing up my run in Romeo and Juliet. I auditioned and I got Juliet! My mom did take me out of school, so I now have a tutor and I also have a manager. I spend most days either dancing or handling business with my manager. After I did a few ads for Burberry, everyone wanted me. My manager’s phone has been ringing off the hook! Teen Vogue just did an interview with me! This was so crazy. I couldn’t even process it. I would have never thought that I would be a model. Ever. I never thought I was pretty enough, but apparently, I am. My life is perfect. I love what I’m doing and I should be happy, right? Wrong. Something is missing. And that something is Cody.

“Dad?” I called for him, “Are you ready?” “Yes, let’s go,” My dad and I were going out to dinner with some of his colleagues. One of them was bringing his teenage son. Maybe he was cute. I did a once over in the mirror. Light blue mini dress with gold heels. I had braided the front of my hair and left the rest down, my favorite hairstyle. We left our apartment and caught a cab. The cab drove us to the fancy restaurant and we went in. I saw a group of men wave us over to their table. “Hello, Richard,” The one man shook my dad’s hand. “Hello, Robert.” my dad said. Robert turned to me, “And you must be Kiara,” I smiled and shook his hand, “Hello, thank you for inviting me.” “Anytime. You are going to sit there across from Alex, my son.” I turned to see an extremely hot blonde boy sitting there and he smiled at me. He looked so familiar. “Okay,” I went over to my seat and sat down. My dad sat with all of the other men to discuss business and such. “Hi, I’m Kiara.” I said. “I’m Alex.” Then it hit me. He was Alexander Ludwig, from the Hunger Games. Holy crap. “Is your last name Ludwig by any chance?”

He chuckled, “Yes,” “You’re in the Hunger Games, right?” I tried to stay cool. “Yep,” “That’s so cool!” I said. “Aren’t you a ballerina?” He asked. “Yeah, that’s why I’m in New York for the next few months. I’m in Romeo and Juliet.” “That’s so cool!” He smiled. I liked this kid. I felt a sting in my heart. I can’t fall for him. I still loved Cody. Me and Alex talked the whole night and flirted too. “Aren’t you a model too?” he asked when our food came. “Kind of. It was never my intention to become a model. I never thought I was pretty enough to be a model, but all these people think I am. I was in one shoot then all of these designers wanted me. It’s scary. But I’m mainly sticking to dancing. That’s my passion.” I said, starting to eat my salad. “I think you’re pretty.” he smiled. “Thanks,” I giggled. “So how do you like New York?” “It’s amazing!” I said. The night went on and on until about eleven. Me and Alex swapped numbers. “Are you busy this week?” he asked as I put on my coat. “I have rehearsal everyday except Friday.” “Do you maybe want to go grab a coffee or go shopping?” “Yeah, that would be great. Just text me and we’ll meet up,” “Sounds great,” He smiled.

Cody’s POV

I was incredibly bored so I was mindlessly flipping through Teen Vogue. How did girls walk in those heels? Then something caught my eye. Something that was familiar. It was a flash of blonde hair. I went back a few pages and saw the most beautiful blue eyes ever staring back at me. It was her. She was barely wearing any makeup and was dressed in a Burberry trench. She stood in front of a gate. I smiled that they barely made her look different. Kiara barely wore any makeup and that’s one of the many things I love about her. “Cody Simpson is reading Teen Vogue?” Alli took a picture of me as she walked over to me. I rolled my eyes and nodded. I kept staring at Kiara. I wished she was here. “What are you looking at?” she looked over my shoulder. “Oh my God! That’s Kiara! In the Burberry ad that she was talking about!” she said excitedly. “I know, Alli,” I sighed. “I have to call her!” she said and left the room. I stared at Kiara for a few more minutes then kept flipping. I flipped past those eyes again. It was an article about her.

There was a picture of her in a loose blue shirt with jean shorts and pointe shoes. Her hair was in her signature braid in front, hair straight. She looked so perfect. It was a mini interview about her career. “I don’t think modeling is going to be a long term thing. Maybe for the next year then just dance. Dance is my main focus.” she was quoted saying. I read about where she shopped and what the LA Ballet was like. I missed her so much. I fought the urge to eavesdrop on Alli’s conversation with Kiara. My heart ached for her to be in my arms. Over the past few months, I had sunk into a deep depression, deeper than the Pacific. A part of me was gone and wasn’t coming back. I kept rereading the article, hoping that she’ll miraculously appear in front of me. I am an idiot. I slammed the magazine down on the floor and headed to my car. I got in, after having just got my license a few days ago, and pulled away from my house. I drove to Needa Pita, Kiara’s favorite place to eat. I needed to think.

---------

Hey guys! I finally updated! So to get a dedication for next chapter, tell me what Cody's favorite colors are! Vote and comment!! Love you guys!

-Emmi xoxox