Summer Lovin

We were riding in the car, singing along to One Direction when Alli said, “Guess who’s coming on tour with me and Cody?!” “Uh, your parents?” “Well, yes, but so are you!” she squealed. “Are you serious?!?” “Yes!” I screamed. I heard the driver chuckle. “I’m so excited! Thank you, thank you! I love you!” I hugged Alli. “This is going to be awesome!” Alli said. “Yes!” I said. We talked excitedly about the tour the rest of the way to Alli’s photo shoot.

We walked into the shoot and Alli was whisked away to get her hair and makeup done. I was wearing a slouchy gray top, jean shorts, and an aqua pair of Alli’s Pastries. A very chillaxed look. I sat down on a couch and pulled out my phone. I was texting Cody. “This interview is boring. I wish you were here.” He texted.

“You’ll see me in like an hour at Alli’s shoot.” I texted back. “Yeah :) I guess I can wait.” He replied. “Excuse me?” I heard a man say. I looked up from my phone and saw a man who must be the director of the shoot. “Who are you?” He asked. “I’m Kiara. I’m Alli’s best friend.” I said. “My, you are gorgeous.” “Um, thank you.” I blushed. “Would you like to be in the shoot?” He asked. “Uh, sure.” I said. “Thank you so much.” He said, leading me over to hair and makeup.

Me and Alli posed by a pool. I had on a light blue dress with black shoes and Alli had the same dress in pink with the same black shoes. We got to ride bikes down the street too! I had just come out of the wardrobe and saw Cody walk in. My hair was crimped and styled. His eyes widened. He came up to me. “You look-you look-” He stuttered. “Pretty?” I smiled. “Pretty is an understatement. You look absolutely gorgeous.” I smiled. “Kiara!” I heard the director yell. “That’s my cue. I’ll be back in ten minutes.” I pecked him on the cheek, leaving a lipstick mark. A makeup lady hurried over and fixed my lipstick. I smiled at Cody and joined Alli by the beach for the next few shots.

I smiled a lot and me and Alli got to laugh a lot. I could get used to this stuff. We finished the shoot and I changed. They took off the makeup for me and I decided to leave my crimped hair down. It looked super cute that way. I need to buy a crimper. Pastry said they wanted me to do some other photo shoots soon. I guess I was pretty enough. That was crazy. Hey, I wasn’t complaining. I was going to get to keep all of the shoes! I walked out of the dressing room and saw Cody sitting on the couch that I sat on three hours ago.

We got Alli and the driver took us to Needa Pita. I had been absolutely in love with it since my last visit. We walked in and got a table. I got a veggie wrap and a smoothie. Alli and Cody both got pita sandwiches with smoothies. We sat down with our food and Cody said, “So did Alli tell you the news yet?” “Yes! Oh my God, I am so excited!” I said. “I knew you would be.” He smiled. A couple of little girls came up to our table with their moms. “Hi, Cody. Could the girls get your autograph?” One asked. “Of course.” He smiled. He signed stuff for them and took some pictures. One girl pointed at me and said, “I saw that girl in a magazine!” I chuckled. The moms said thank you and they walked away. We finished eating and walked down the street to Sperrys. I bought a pair of boat shoes and we headed back to the car.

Cody took my hand and said, “The tour is only three weeks, so we’ll be back by the end of July. Not all of your summer will be gone.” I smiled, “Cool.” He squeezed my hand and Alli pushed between us. “Okay, enough Cody-Kiara time. Time for Alli-Kiara time.” She said, walking beside me. “Alli, she’s my girlfriend.” Cody whined. “She’s mine too.” Alli stuck her tongue out at him. She linked arms with me. Cody linked my right arm with his. “I saw her first!” Cody said, tugging me toward him. “She’s my best friend.” Alli whined, tugging me toward her. “I can’t believe you guys are fighting over me.” I laughed. I got out of their grasp and walked ahead of them, “Maybe you guys need more Cody-Alli time.” I laughed. Those Simpsons.