Seventy one

Lia's POV
The game was really rough. The amount of times everyone was being thrown about is ridiculous.
There was one point that I thought Liam was about to die out there.

"Player down! Freddy Knox number 20 from the penguins is down. Looks like a hit to the back of the knee."

The announcers called and coach ran out to see if he was ok.
"Lia! Help me get him off." So I put Sami down and and took my guards off to help lift Freddy off the ice.

"Loveable Sami is on the ice. I can see her being a great ice hockey player can't you bill?"
"Oh yeah. Start them young and that's exactly what they've done. Sadly the game must go on so Emmett number 2 picks her up and off the ice."

I roll my eyes at the stupid comments from the commentators.
"We need another player." Coach says.
"I could do it. I have my stuff." Rocco volunteers himself.

"Are you crazy! Your watching the same thing I am right?!" I shout at him.
"Yes but I can't let my team down." Rocco gives me his promise ring and runs off to get changed.

I ran over to Emmett and called him over.
"Rocco is coming on. Watch him please. I don't want him hurt." I tell him.

"Lia the game is all over the place I can't." He says and I know that.
"Please?" I ask.
"I will try." I hug him as Rocco comes out changed.

"I'm ready!" He says.
"Don't get hurt. Please." I say.
"I won't." He kisses me and attempts to pull away but I bring him back.

"Cute loving moment by Number one and number 17 which is Lia Anderson, she had to take time off due to health problems but hopefully we will be seeing her on the ice soon."
"Yes, it's fun to watch the frustration of the boys knowing that a girl is doing better. Because everyone loves a bit of gender competition."

Gender competition? These two are fucking ridiculous.

The game starts again and I sat next to coach. Please make sure he's ok.
------------------------------------------
Our team is 2 points ahead and as the buzzer for the last 5 minutes sounds the other team goes all out.

Pushing, shoving, skating fast. Doing anything they can to try and defend and shoot.
It was fast paced and honestly my neck was getting stiff from all the backwards and forwards.

It was all going well when there was a massive collision between at least 5 players.

I couldn't see Rocco. Refs skated in and he was on the floor. Sami ran on with a towel crying going after her brother.

"What happened?!" I ask looking around.
"Looks like number 1 was cut. Everyone's crowding round and number 18 is going for number 2 on the opposite team."

Liam. I look on the ice and no one is pulling them away. I went to run on but coach held me back.
"Let me go! I have to go to one of them!" I scream.
"Lia calm down!" He says as I struggle.

"No! No!" I cry and he lets me go. I run and skate pulling Liam away.
"Stop!" I tell him and then I went to Rocco.

Everyone was trying to pull me away.
"Let me go!" I scream but brook doesn't let me go.
"Lia. Stop!" I shook my head and I could hear Sami's screams.

"Rocky! Wake up! Please!" She screamed and I cried harder.
I saw her get picked up by the opposite team and I broke.

I got out of brooks grip and went to her.
"Get off her!" I shout grabbing her.

"She's getting blood on her. I was only trying to help." He told me.
She cried with me but I still wanted to see Rocco.

"Paramedics!" Ref shouts and everyone clears out the way for them and he's on the ice, not moving cut on his chin.

"Fiancé is very upset by this as her team mates pull her off the ice with Sami. It's a hard time for the penguins."

They narrate and as soon as I got off the ice I broke down. I couldn't even stand as I cried. Sami was screaming in pain. Emotional pain. The only family she had left.

"He's ok. He's going to be ok." Liam told me on the floor.
"He's not! Look he's hurt!" I sat as Felix and Ashley pick me off the floor to sit up.

Sami came over to me and hugged me crying.
"Rocky's hurt and he's bleeding!" She cried.

"I know. It's ok. He's going to be ok." I whisper to her even though I don't know myself.
"Lia? Is he going to die?" Sami asked me.

"No. He won't. He loves us to much." I tell her.
"Let's get you two out of here." Brook and Liam say, so putting the blanket over us and guards on our feet we were walked out of the rink for fresh air.

"I'm sorry." Number 2 came over from the opposite team.
"What?" I asked.
"My skate hit him. But I didn't mean to hit him. But if it's any consolation I got cut above my eye." He told me lifting the bandage and there was blood.

"It's ok." I say just too tired to do anything.
"It wasn't your fault. It was just a massive mess." I tell him.
"I know but I do feel partly to blame. I'm Aaron by the way." He says putting his hand out for me to shake it.

"Lia and this is Sami, Rocco's little sister." I say.
"I know we're on opposite teams and meant to hate each other but your actually a really nice person do you want to be friends?" He asks.

He was really nice.
"Yeah. Put your number in my phone and I'll call you when I get the chance." He nods putting his phone number in then texting it so he has my number.

"Just so you know if your trying to take a pass at me or mess up my performance on the ice I will find out." I tell him.
"1 I'm terribly gay and 2 I'm not like that. I'm the soft one In my team. They think I'm weak but I'm good on the ice I just don't like hurting people." I nod as Emmett and Liam bring the car up.

"Why the fuck are you talking to him ?!" Liam shouts.
"Because I can. Sorry that's my twin. He's been very protective over me these past months." I turn to Aaron and say.

"It's ok. My brother is pretty protective of me as well. I'll see you around Lia." Aaron says before running off.