Thirty four

Lia's POV
I woke up in Rocco's bed and he wasn't here. So I got up and went into my room where Addie was on her laptop doing homework.

It's also come to my attention that I don't do homework.
"Hey." I say changing into basketball shorts and a sports bra.

"Hey. How was your date?" She wiggles her eyebrows.
"Fabulous. It was cute and funny and perfect for our first date." I tell her.
"Honey. Rocco is having trouble with something downstairs and it would be nice for you to be downstairs." Mum pops in quickly and I nod.

I look at Addie worried. But we went downstairs together and he's sitting on the couch with his laptop and phone muttering what the fuck.

"Rocco what's wrong?" I ask sitting next to him. His laptop was his bank account with £5000 In it.
"So I wake up to this long paragraph from my mum practically saying she's had enough of dads drinking so she ran. She wants me to care for Sami and every 3 months she will put £5000 in my account. So that means I'm going to be legal guardian of a 3 year old doing his A-levels living with my girlfriends parents and to top it all off I don't know if Sami's nursery has called social services because a parent hasn't been picking her up and mum isn't answering the phone to them." I just hugged him.

I didn't know what to say. All I could do is be there for him.
He hugged back tighter.
"Thanks Lia." He says letting go.

"How about this. I will work on banking with you. Teach you-"
"Social services!" The banged on the door.
"Sami come here." Rocco says picking her up and hugging her tightly.

"I will go answer the door." Addie ran to the door.
"Sami whatever happens i love you so much." He was actually scared.
"What happen?" She asked.
"Nothing."

"They are coming!" Addie shouts and I push them up the back stairs so we can get to their room.
We locked it and sat in the room by the door.

"Sami I love you." He says hugging her.
"Love you too." She doesn't understand what's happening.
"What if they take her away?" He looks up at me with tears.

"They won't. I wouldn't let them." I tell him and he smiles hopefully leaning his head on me.
"Rocco, we aren't here to take Sami away. I know your worried about that but I just want to talk." We could hear this lady's voice walking upstairs.

"I got a call from Sami's nursery that she might not be around her parents and we want to figure out why." She says.
"Promise you won't take her away from me?" He asked.

"I promise. We can't split siblings. If anything we would take you somewhere safe if your not." I look at him.

"She sounds ok." I whisper.
"I don't trust her." He says.
"He is safe here." I tell her.
"And I'm sure he is. Maybe you could come out and talk to me? Make him and her feel more safe?" I kiss his head like I'm venturing to the unknown. It's my house.

I open the door and shut it after me.
"Hi I'm Lucy." She put her hand out and I shook it.
"Sorry I don't know your name."
"Lia. I'm Rocco's girlfriend." She nods and her colleague down the stairs writes it down.

"I don't like what he's doing." I pointed at him.
"It's just so I can report back. What I find out. I want him to know I'm not here to hurt him or Sami. I'm here to help." I nod.

She seems safe. I open the door and he's still sitting there hugging her.
"Hi. I'm Lucy. I'm here to help."
"I know that. But I don't need help. I just don't want you to take her away from me." Rocco explained standing up.

"I won't. How about we go and sit down stairs and talk about it with Declan and Kate." He nods and walks downstairs with me. Holding my hand. He was shaking.

I sat on the couch with him.
"Ok. So I just want know your situation. What happened that her nursery had to call?" She asked.

He explained everything. Even the text message and the bank details. Mum and dad had to explain their role. We got Emmett to come in to explain his role until it came to me.

"And Lia, do you have any role in this." See as much as I want to help I can't. I'd feel like if i say anything i could be the problem of getting Sami removed.

"No. I'm just here to make sure he's ok." I say.
"What is he normally upset about?" She asks.
"Ummm- ice hockey and how he will cope with a toddler." I feel like I've said to much.

"Ok. Thank you. Rocco I feel like what I will do is talk to people to help you to find your own place and work with you to see different ways to take care of Sami while you do your studies. I will talk to the police about your dad and see if we can get him to recover and we will put you on the young carers list." She tells us.
"Young carers? I'm not doing that. I have other things to do." He says.
"Well you don't have to but it would be advised. Thanks for talking to me today and I will call you when I have some news."
"Bye." We say and she leaves and we all calm down.

"Ok I'm going upstairs and we are going for a nap." Rocco says to Sami walking upstairs.
"Me and Emmett are going to go down to the rink."
"Can you drop me off home?" Addie asks and Liam nods.

"I'm going to go lie down. Probably sleep." I just need to think.
"Ok baby but I want you all down for roast dinner. Also take up Rocco's phone and laptop please." Mum told me and I take them.

I walk in silently putting his laptop on his desk and charging his phone. I'm a nice person.
"Hey. Stay here." He says moving Sami into her bed.

I nod getting into the bed.
"I definitely want to think about the young carers." He whispers to me.
"I think you should. It will be fun for you. Get to know people who have the same sort of situation." He nods and kisses me.

"Thank you. For everything." He moves my hair out the way and I think he's being so cute.
"Stop thanking me. I've done nothing." I kissed him light and he kissed back turning this into a loving make out session.