Forty seven

Lia's POV
Last night was so good. If I couldn't feel any closer to Rocco before last night I do now.

He looks so peaceful sleeping, with his messy hair and his chiselled fucking body. Then his rock hard mini Rocco. He seems so perfect.

He was really nice to me. Made sure I was ok. The whole time and made it feel special not just we were going at it.

I thought I'd be nice and wake him up in a special way and it wasn't long before he woke up smiling/ shaking happily.

"Morning baby." He says in a raspy morning voice. That voice could drive me insane.
"Morning." I say smiling stupidly.
"That cute smile you do is adorable." He says, his thumb rubbing the corner of my mouth.

"I'm not adorable and what cute smile?" I ask.
"You do it when your completely in love with someone. You did it to T and Scarlett and me but I get to see that everyday when I wake up." He says and I couldn't help but smiling more.

"Last night was something." Rocco started off and I nod just lying on his chest holding his hands.
"You not having any regrets?" He ask.
"No. I needed to get out my shell and trust you. So I did and I'm glad." I tell him and he kisses my forehead.

"Good. I trust you too. Now what would you like to do?" Rocco asks.
"Lie in your arms and not get up and stay warm under the covers." I say looking up at him.

"That's fine." He cuddled up to me and we stayed very warm, in reality I just wanted to be close to him.

"Rocco? When's your birthday?" I ask him. It sounds horrible but I genuinely didn't know.
"Does it really matter?" He asks and I nod.
"I don't like celebrating it anyway so you won't find out." He says and I frown.

I will find out somehow. You can't date me without having a special day.
"But I want to make your day special like I did with yours." I whine.

"Lia I like you but my birthday is a burden on everyone so why would I ruin it for your family? Look can we change the subject? Much rather talk about you and the fact that you screamed my name last night." I roll my eyes. Why do boys change the most innocent thing to something to do with there dangling bits?

"Yeah no. I'm getting up and stealing your clothes." I say up.
"Fine I'll just tell Emmett about the best night ever." I turn to him with a warning look, putting on a top of his. 

"Don't! He's in the team and it will spread like the plague, happened to me back in England." I mumble the last part before England.

I left the room and went into the living room picking up yesterday's underwear, I know disgusting need to put some clothes of mine in this place.

"Lia I heard that, did T do that to you? Tell everyone how you were in bed?" He asked coming out with jogging bottoms on.
I didn't answer because that was many of the many horrible things that he did while we dated for 8 years.

"Lia. Tell me." Rocco turned me around to truly look at me.
"He put me in hospital once and made me believe that I made him put me in there." I say looking down. I don't know why I blurted that out but I never really told anyone but Liam and that was hard to do. I used to sneak home when I was meant to stay at T's and stay by Liam.

"How?" He asked me.
"He said I made him mad, because I showed him up in hockey and everyone praised me and not him. We got home and he kept hitting me. I had to drive myself up to the hospital." I say before breaking down.

He hugged me as I cried into his chest.
"I told them that I was mugged so he wouldn't get in trouble. Then he said he was sorry but I brought it a pone myself." I sniffled holding onto him so hard.

"It's ok. It wasn't your fault. Ok? Baby it wasn't your fault." He told me and I nodded before slowly calming down.
"May I ask you one question?" He asked wiping the tears, I nod.
"Why did you leave? Leave when you got hurt, when you did feel like you deserved more? Where's the strong Lia I know and love?" He asked which made me tear up more.

"He made me feel like I needed him to live. Like I'd crash and burn without him. He would do little things like praise me for do good and get angry when I did something he didn't like. I felt like  I needed his praise." I feel the burning through my throat of the guilt.

But I didn't know why I felt guilty but I did.
"You don't need anyone's praise but your own. You don't need anyone but yourself." I know that. I know.

"I love you." I say softly.
"I love you too." That was our first proper I love you and that made me feel good inside.

------------------------------------------
After the upsetting start of the day we went food shopping so the house would have some food, then I started baby proofing the house for Sami, even though Rocco wanted to do more and now, I'm writing little notes around the house for Rocco and Sami to read. Plus emergency number for Sami to call by both landlines.

"Lia. We have the whole day I don't want it to be about Sami." He complains turning off the TV.
"I know but if your living here it has to be safe. I need to teach her the 999 number and my number." I say.

"911 and she will be fine. What we need is a pizza and A nice chat and you sitting on my lap." I smile finishing my note and sitting over his lap.

"You forgot about the pizza." He says and I laugh.
"Do we need the pizza, we just ate." I tell him and he put his hands under my top to hold my back.

"Maybe not the pizza but I could eat something else." He says. This is the guy I'm dating.
"Yeah, how about my chicken nuggets?" I ask and he rolled his eyes.

Food is the best cockblock ever.
"Lia. I hate you sometimes." Says chuckling.
"Hate me? How ever could you say thing? I love you too." I smile mischievously before getting up and finishing my work.