Chapter twenty-nine

“I can't believe we have grown so old and independent. Who would have thought that we would be so busy, that we wouldn't be able to hang out as much as before.”

My lips curled and the thought, I did, crossed my mind but couldn't dominate it nor could my fleeting interest in the conversation stop or pull me from my major thoughts.

My thoughts were majorly questions because who would have thought when I met Caden months ago, we would have ended up being lovers. Not me! But what happened last night official marked our relationship and left me amazingly satisfied and not only sexually. I had a feeling of my stress being loosened.

A smirk danced on my lips, Well even if Caden had kept me up all night, he didn't leave me tired but feeling recharged.

The sound of a throat been cleared made me look straight into Andrea’s confused but slightly irritated face. With a lifted eyebrow she opened her mouth and I waited with trepidation to hear what she had to say about catching me not listening to her.

“It's either you’re smug about me talking about ice-cream or you’re too busy in la-la land to stay in this world with me to spend time with me on the off-day I have for us to spend together.”

I hadn't even noticed that she had brought out the ice-cream from the freezer. It was a tradition that we indulged in whenever we could. My favorite, alpine fudge crunch and Andrea’s favorite, black forest were now in her hands.

I shrugged unabashedly. “We live in the same house so we still see each other but though I admit we have both been busy and it's not only Kevin on your part. You have been doing more of running than managing that club you work at. Which is why we are were we are now but to be truthful I have really missed our us-time.”

Andrea’s face softened and she gave a wide smile. “Aww! That's so sweet of you, Erica. You can be so sweet when you wish to be. But that club has a name, The night.”

I raised a mocking brow, my lips twitching, hers doing the same thing too. “I don't need any more reason to explain my reasons for hating to pronounce that name, the name itself says it all.”

Andrea snickered while I chuckled. “It's a good job and pays well. Even though it's not what I thought I'd be doing when I get out of college. It's still amazing and it's way better than sitting in an office all day.”

“Yeah all the excitement and shit. Like your usual stories of dealing with drunks and rich snobs. I still think you’re too young for what you do but the club isn't too rough and you have those who help anyways and good security. All according to you though as I have never been there." I shrugged as I continued. "But, I also know that Emerald will never let you work in anywhere she deems unsuitable.”

Andrea laughed softly at the mention of her mother’s name and I smiled too thinking of the woman’s sometimes overbearing character.

“Do you know you’re glowing?”

My heart stilled as I heard Andrea’s question and change of topic. I watched and searched her face for any signs of anything out of the ordinary but she looked normal. Not like she just found out my secret.

“I think you're getting more used to your job and letting the glow from your pride envelope you thereby causing this glow around you. I noticed for some time but I think it now seems complete or something.”

I breathed a mental sigh of relief as I gave her another one of my shrugs, this one showed that I was happy and kind of agreed with her. I used the time to collect my own cup of ice-cream. Smiling as I dug in, my smile turning to moans of pleasure that made Andrea chuckle with a shake of her head. Before she joined me and started making sounds of her own.