Chapter 13

The next time that we heard anything about Randall, was when Mikhail came to the house, and told us about what happened to Abe.

As I lay there with my head on my Roza's chest and her combing her fingers through my hair. Remembering that day, I was calmed by her presence, just as I have always been.

I knew that my Roza loved me, just as I loved her, and she would do anything to protect me and make me happy. Just as I would do for her. That is why I had absolutely no doubts whatsoever, that she would find out why Victor had chosen Ivan as Natasha's target. I did not doubt one bit, that she would do whatever it took, to find answers for me.

"I love you Roza."

"I love you too Dimitri." She hardly ever called me Dimitri, most of the time is was Dimi or Comrade.

"I texted with uncle Pavel earlier. I told him to do whatever it takes to find out why Victor targeted Ivan. Even if it meant contacting our spies inside his organization. We will find out Dimi, I promise you that." Like I said, I knew that she would do whatever it took to get me my answers.

"I know you will Roza, I know you will. So thank you, in advance."

"There is no need to thank me Dimi. You are my heart and soul, and I will do anything for you." Soon we both fell asleep.

Before I knew it, Friday the day I was going to propose to my Roza, came.

My sisters took Roza to her room and helped her get ready, although she had no idea what she was getting ready for. All any of us would tell her was, that it was a surprise. I had taken my suit and some of the jewelry, that my Roza had gotten me to my family's floor to get ready.

When I knocked on the door to our room, with the bouquet of flowers my sister Sonya had suggested, Roza answered wearing a red sheath column off the shoulder knee length jersey cocktail dress, with lace applique panels from her hips up on the sides of her dress. And my God did she look stunning.

Handing her the flowers I told her so, "you look stunning my Roza."

She smiled her shy smile, "thank you Dimi, you look great too. Thank you for the flowers, we will have to go to the kitchen, so I can ask Alice to put them in some water."

"Of course."

"So where are we going?"

"It is a surprise." Her tinkling laughter was magical. Wrapping her hand through my elbow I lead her downstairs to the kitchen.

"Hey Alice, could you put these in some water and have Celeste take them to my room? Tell her not to forget to lock the door when she leaves."

"Of course Rose. And just let me say, you look amazing tonight, both of you."

(RPOV)

"Thank you, Alice." Dimitri and I said.

"Now my love," I watched as he took something out of his pocket. "I must blindfold you, so you won't see your surprise before the time is right." I stood very still as he slipped the blindfold over my eyes.

"I don't want to take any chances that you will fall or stumble since you can't see where you are going, so..." The next thing I knew Dimitri had swept me up into his arms bridal style.

"Dimi, you are being romantic." I accused.

"I am trying Roza." I was carried out a door, I could tell that we were in one of the gardens because I could smell all the flowers. Dimitri walked for a few minutes before he set me down. "Are you ready for your surprise milaya?"

"Baby, tonight has already been the best night of my life, just because you are here with me. Yes, I am ready."

Dimitri removed the blindfold, and it took my eyes a minute to adjust to the lighting. When they did, I looked around and gasped. All of the hedges in this area of the maze had been covered in little white twinkling lights. There was music coming from somewhere, and a beautiful table set for dinner.