Chapter 1

(APOV) Abe

I was sitting in my office, waiting for my little girl to join me, although she wasn't really a little girl anymore.

We have a meeting in Russia in seven hours, and the flight will take five of those hours. This was a meeting that I wouldn't normally take Rose to, but with me grooming her to take over the business, I had no choice. 

I had always felt bad at not having been able to have raised Rose with her mother Janine. But Janine died in child birth, so it wasn't something that could be helped. But I didn't have to raise my little Rose alone. 

When Rose was five I met a wonderful woman whom I fell madly in love with and later married. Her name had been Alberta Pertova, she was of Romanian decent. And Rose loved her just as much as I did, and as the years progressed they grew closer and closer, the became almost inseparable. Up until five years ago when Alberta died of breast cancer, that was a very difficult time for both Rose and I. and most days since Alberta's death were still difficult.

Given my work and the fact that I had many enemies, my little princess had to be schooled at home, and she is the smartest person I've ever seen. During her schooling years, she was years ahead of anyone that I'd ever known. Even the adults around her. But she was never locked away from the world. I always tried my best to make sure that she had friends her own age.

There was her best friend who was also like her sister, Vasilissa Dragomir or Lissa as she preferred to be called. There was also Mason Ashford, whom had a crush on my Rose from a young age, although Rose only saw him as a brother. There was also Mason's cousin Eddie Castile who loved Rose like a little sister, also his girlfriend Mia Rinaldi. There was Andre Dragomir, Lissa's older brother, who also loved Rose like a little sister. Then there was Christian Ozera who was Lissa's boyfriend and now fiancée. Finally, there was Adrian Ivashkov, a womanizing little insect, who fancied himself in love with Rose. But Rose had never seen him as any more than an annoying friend, that you just could not throw off a bridge enough times to get him to leave you alone.

As I waited for Rose I continued to reflect over our lives for the past twenty-one years. And with the exception of my sweet Janine and Alberta's deaths we had been very happy. And what mattered most to me, was that my little girl was happy. The only thing missing in her life was true love and the family that would follow it. But I hoped, that one day very soon, my baby would meet the man of her dreams.

Finally, there was a knock on my door.

"Come in." 

In walked my little girl.

"Hey baba, are you about ready to go, we have to be in Novosibirsk in seven hours, and you know the flight will take five hours."

"Yes, kiz I'm ready when you are. Is that what you plan to wear to the meeting?"

She was wearing a black t-shirt about two or three sizes too big for her. It hung off of one shoulder with a tank top under it and a pair of black track pants with a pair of Purple Merrell Bare Access Arc 3 Trail Running Shoes.

"No, baba, this is just for the plane ride. You know I wouldn't be comfortable going to a meeting without my babies." 

And by babies, she meant her weapons, to which there were quite a lot of. She lifted her hand showing me her weapons bag as well as the garment bag with her fighting clothes in it.

"All right then let's go." 

We left my office and went to the armor plated stretch limo that was waiting for us.

Once inside, Rose turned to me and asked, "did you call and tell them to bring my Bugatti to the airstrip?"

"No, I need you to ride with me today."