Fame! (I'm gonna live forever)

Začít od začátku

"Argh, goddammit!", the other one, a blond guy, from as far as Harry could make out, hissed and pulled himself up, rubbing his hurting derriere. "Sorry, mate, wasn't watching, you okay?"

Harry, still on the floor, looked up into blue eyes and shrugged. 

"I just can imagine the headline of tomorrow's news paper: Famous singer-songwriter Harry Styles gets toppled over by random stranger", he said and made a rainbow hand gesture. The other bloke blinked at him and frowned, running a hand through his hair. 

"Famous singer-songwriter Harry what?", he repeated slowly and incredulously, like he'd never heard of him before. 

"Styles, Harry Styles", Harry said again and held a hand out for the blond bloke to grab it and pull him up, too, and since the other one was a decent human being, he helped Harry up.

"And you're famous?", the blond asked with a lifted eyebrow, crossing his arms in front of his chest and actually dared to smirk mockingly. It was a cute evil smile, though, Harry thought, but still.

"Yes, I am!", Harry almost shouted, stepping towards the smaller lad in anger. "Don't you know my song? Don't Let Me Go?", he supposed everyone on this whole planet knew.

Blondie just laughed and shook his head. "What if I say that I don't?", he grinned and lifted now both of his eyebrows, staring expectantly at Harry, who grunted in reply.

"Then... then... you miss out on a lot! The song's brilliant", he grumbled and narrowed his eyes. 

"Says the one who wrote it, yeah?", Blondie didn't stop freaking grinning and all Harry wanted to do at that moment, was to slap this stupid grin out of that pretty face with the cute rosy cheeks.

"Yes, says the one who wrote and sang it", Harry was not one to get furious that easily but who in hell did that blond guy think he was, talking to a celebrity like that?

"Hm, maybe if you sing a bit of it... maybe then I'll recognise it", Blondie cocked his head and even bloody winked at him. How dare he? It looked bloody adorable.

Would Harry give this prat the satisfaction and sing it?

He would. For the sake of his own pride. 

"Alright, alright", he cleared his throat then. "This one's called 'Don't Let Me Go' and I dedicate it to the blond prick over here", he pointed at said person.

"Niall", said person interjected. "My name's Niall"

Harry rolled his eyes. "Fine. To the blond prick Niall", he said with a smug smirk and decided it was best to simply sing the chorus and nothing else. 

"Don't let me, don't let me go, 'cause I'm tired of feeling alone", he started and also stopped, when he heard Niall letting out a knowing gasp. 

"And? And? Do you know the song?!", Harry asked excitedly as he looked at Niall's beaming face.

The blond lifted his index finger, opened his mouth, took a deep breath, he was about to say yes-----

and then he said "Nah", shrugged and crushed Harry's hopes. All of them. No, okay, not all but some.

"Are you serious?!", Harry groaned in frustration and facepalmed himself. Was it even worth being famous if cute boys didn't know who he was?

To his misery, the blond began to laugh like a maniac, doubling over and it was one of those annoyingly loud and obnoxious laughters - but sadly also one of those that were really, really funny and Harry couldn't help himself but to laugh along with him. He wasn't so sure if they were laughing about him or  the song or whatever, but in the end, Niall patted his shoulders and hugged him, actually hugged him.

"Of course I know the song, I was just taking the piss, man!", he giggled into Harry's ear, who wrapped his own arms around the blond boy and hugged him back. It was just way too tempting to not to. 

Celebrities do stuff like that, yeah? Hug strangers on the street? Really cute strangers at that?

"So you do know me, too?", Harry asked when they pulled away and Niall smiled at him apologetically.

"No, sorry, didn't know you. Didn't know who sang the song... but I gotta say, your voice is beautiful!", he said cheerily and nodded reassuringly at Harry. This compliment made him feel like a million bucks and he would've jumped up and down right then and there but that's not what celebrities do, now, do they? He would've to acclimatise to the life of a famous person first.

"Well", Harry scratched the back of his neck. "At least you know me now... want an autograph or a picture?"

Much to his wonder (and not disappointment at all), Niall shook his head. "Nope", he replied. "But I'd like a cuppa, how about you?". The smile Niall received was only to describe as beaming and dazzling, and the nod he got as too enthusiastic and neck-cricking. 

"Of course, of course!", Harry agreed and grabbed Niall's hand out of a reflex, but instead of pushing it away, Niall grabbed it tighter and squeezed it a bit, which made Harry's tummy tingle with happiness. His giddy mood from earlier fully returned.

"Not afraid of getting mobbed by fans?", the blond questioned with a mocking undertone, which lead to Harry sticking his tongue out. 

"Just because people know my song, doesn't mean they know my face, apparently", he said and Niall laughed out loud at that. 

"I can imagine the headline of tomorrow's news paper, though: Famous singer-songwriter Harry Styles has a mysterious lover?", Niall said in fake-awe and made a rainbow hand gesture. 

Harry decided to only snort at that one and dragged Niall along to the next coffee shop. 

-

There was no such thing as a headline of Harry Styles the next morning, but Harry didn't really care, because he had a cute blond guy in his bed (they decided to slow it down a bit, after they found themselves snogging each other senseless), who simply would've made fun of it. 

Harry told Niall about the interview that day and the blond suggested that he may keep their whatever hook-up relationship a secret for now, to see if they remained together for time to come or, well, not. 

He, of course, agreed to that and it wasn't like anybody would've actually cared, because how famous was he? Not too much, but enough, probably.

When he turned on the radio, 'Don't Let Me Go' played and who was Harry to not sing along? Niall even joined in and he had a great voice, Harry had to admit. 

"Maybe we could make a duet some time?", he proposed sincerely, but Niall only laughed and shook his head, hair sticking up in weird angles from sleeping.

"Don't think I could handle the fame", Niall grinned, engulfed Harry in a hug and leaned in for a kiss instead of taking the famous singer-songwriter seriously and alright, Harry was okay with that. He didn't need the fame either, because he saw himself more as a humble person, who was satisfied with the small things in life, like tea and biscuits and Niall.