Chapter 26

"Mmm... " Winter groaned and opened her eyes. She looked around as her hazy vision cleared up. She was.. in the infirmary? It was night. ouch. Everything hurt. She slowly got up. She was so stiff gosh!  She cracked her stiff bones and stretched. Her eyes widened. Loki!  She looked around. He wasn't here.

"Princess?" A voice was heard . She turned to see a servant girl.

"How long have I been out?" She asked as she got down from the bed.

"Three days" she replied.

" where is Loki?  Is he ok?" She asked.

" he was here till an hour ago. Then the queen told him to rest. He was here for  the whole time you rested. " the girl said.

Winter looked relieved that he was ok. She hugged the surprised girl and ran toward Loki's room. She opened the door slightly. Loki was sleeping. He wasn't wearing a shirt And he had a few bruises. He was ok. He. Was. Ok. Thank God!

She sighed and sat on a chair. She would wait for  him to get up. She decided to change first. She slowly got up and pulled out some clothes. Green. Loki's  color. Yes. She wore the green dress and sat back. She sat that way for around two hours. Then Loki began to stir. His face wasn't toward her so he didn't see her immediately. She stood up as he got up.

"Loki" she whispered. He stiffened. She walked closer as he turned to her. He opened his mouth to speak but closed it again. She looked expectantly.

".. why?" He asked angrily. She looked hurt.

"You're upset with me." she said as a simple statement.

"You.. hid your torture from me. What did you expect?  Of course I'm  angry! " he said. She backed away a little.

"Please don't be angry. Not you.... I can't have you be angry." She said as a tear escaped her.

" why didn't you tell me Akeira?  Once. Just once. I would've gutted all of the white nation for you. You must know that" he says sincerely. She sits close to him.

"Read my mind. Go to.. that day when I fainted after breakfast." She says. He obeys and does so. He sees a dark throne room. Odin and Frigga lie dead. Thor and Seraine are fallen too. They look gutted. He looked in the corner and  sees winter. She was  bent over  his own dead body. It looked like his torso was ripped. Winter shook her head.

"No. No no my sweetheart. " she was muttering as she removed his blood soaked hair from his face. He opened his eyes immediately. Winter gasped at the revival of this memory. Tears fell from her eyes.

".. you see.?.. how could I ever let that happen?... I couldn't.. let you die. I would suffer a hundred times again. If it meant you were safe." She says  resolutely. Loki cups her face.

"Why?" He asks.

"Because.. I love you " she says. His breath hitches.

".. what?" He whispers barely able to believe what he heard.

" I.. I love  you " she says. He looks blank. She raises an eyebrow.

".what?.. I'm not joking... I really do love.. mmm!!" she gets stopped mid sentence as he crashes his lips onto hers. She would've fallen backward because of his ferocity if he hadn't held her waist. She returned his kiss and pulled him closer. When they separate he embraces her.

"I love  you too." He mumbles smuggling his face into the crook of her neck. She chuckles.

"What happened to the queen?" She asked.

" she and Maldir will be sent to the worst realm possible. Midgard. I am to escort them there tomorrow. Her magic is to be cut off. They cant be executed immediately as the queen had put some spell on themselves. Till the spell breaks they will live on midgard. I heard that your sister Mira has agreed to be queen" he responds.

".. oh" she says.

" they can't hurt you" he says. She nods.

" I know." She says.

" come here" he pulls her close and lies down.

"Its still midnight. You need to sleep" he says.

" oh I'm not sleepy" she says. He stares at her. She lightly chuckles

"I'm joking! " she says and curls up next to him, "I'm dead tired"

"You were so brave "he mumbles stroking her hair.

"What standing with a sword in my nighty? I looked stupid" she chuckled.

"No... standing in front of a stronger enemy, whilst being wounded and weak.... With a sword and a nighty." He chuckled. She nuzzled into him.

"Goodnight my princess" he mumbles kissing her cheek.

"Goodnight Loki" she says.

"Oh and winter?" He lifts his head slightly. She looks up.

"Yes?" She asks.

"This green dress looks beautiful on you"

-----------Time skip brought to you by the shade I threw on midgard-------

The next day Loki left for midgard. He was to hand the queen and Maldir over to the shield isolated prison. They would remain in isolation for a while before they would be executed. Odin had decided on this, he did not want them on his realm. Loki went begrudgingly. He didn't want to leave winter, but he had to go. She had kissed him and made him promise to be back as soon as possible. He was forced to stay for two days. Although he had become friends with the avengers he wanted to be with winter. Finally the day came for him to leave. He bid the avengers goodbye with the promise that he would visit soon with his wife.

"Heimdall! " Thor shouted. Loki became excited. Yes he would meet winter!! As soon as they reached asgard he turned to heimdall to ask where winter was.

" where is..? " he began but stopped.

"Loki! " a voice  called he turned to see a beaming winter. She was.. smiling. The first full smile that he had seen. Teeth and all. She looked a hundred times more beautiful. His heart fluttered. It was like the wind had stopped. The sun shone brighter. And time had been brought to  a halt. She ran up to him and jumped on him, wrapping her arms around his neck. He chuckled.

"You're smiling " he said. She looked at him.

"Well I have a reason to don't I?"

(Dress that she wore is down below)