Chapter 10

(Do vote and comment!)
-----------------

"Mmmm mmm mnmnnn? " she wailed as her head was sunk into the pillow. Another string of incoherent words was heard. The five sisters rolled their eyes. It was the day before winter's wedding and she was exceedingly worried. She felt she wasn't ready.

"Winter" Meira called monotonously. Another string of nonsense was heard.

"Winter? " this time the third sister Nalana spoke. Some more nonsense.

"God's be darned. WINTER! " Seraine shouted. Winter lifted her face from the pillow.

"Listen to me carefully. I didn't think I was ready either. But Thor is a great man and I am happy! He tells me that Loki is a caring and kind person. He has treated you with respect. I expect you to do the same. Now come tomorrow you will marry him and you will be happy about it!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?" She said in a breath.

Winter propped herself up, "what if... what if he doesn't like me? " she asked quietly.

"He will." Seraine said with finality, "because as stubborn foolish and irritating you can be. You are also a good person. You have a clean heart that matches your beauty. I think the Prince will recognize that. And I promise you. If he hated you. He wouldn't have chosen you."

Winter nodded, " ok" she mumbled. The sisters grinned at her and she gave a minuscule smile. They nodded. They were used to the fact that she never smiled. Her smiles were small and forced. Even when she laughed it would be a chuckle. The last they had seen her smile was when she was a teen.

"Lets go do this bitch" she said and got up to check her wedding gown.

--------------

"You may now kiss the bride" Odin boomed. Winter gulped. Sugar honey ice tea!

Loki smiled as he cupped her face and pressed his lips against her. She returned it as best as could. It wasn't as bad as she had expected. He was... well.. gentle. It only lasted a few seconds. When they separated his cheeks were red. She blushed as she looked at him.

Everyone cheered. Thor hugged Loki. Winter looked around and smiled a tiny smile at her sisters who were practically crying. She looked at the queen who gave a tight nod. As she was about to look at Loki a man caught her eyes. He was tall and well built. His eyes were dark. He looked intimidating. But it wasn't His height that intimidated her. It was the look that accompanied it. He looked at her with an evil expression. His eyes roamed on her dress. He looked almost lusty. She tore her eyes away and looked at Loki who was laughing. Some thing about that man was .....wrong.

The feast had begun. Winter could barely eat. Her stomach was in knots. While Loki looked calm and happy, she was visibly tense. Finally the moment she had been dreading came. They were to go to their room. Her heart beat faster as Loki lead her out of the dining room. The crowd cheered as she blushed.

They walked to Loki's room and Loki shut the door. He brushed a hair from her face and cupped her face. She had stopped breathing.

"You look beautiful. My princess" he said smiling.

"Thank you. Loki" she said.

"Do not worry." He said stepping closer, " I will not do anything to you till you're ready." He kissed her forehead. She looked at him with gratitude. He understood her.

"Thank you." she said. He smiled.

"However you would have to sleep in the same bed" he added. She nodded, this would be a long night.