Chapter 2

"So. We are just to stand here? Like sheep on display while they shall come to pick one of us for slaughter?"Winter asked her sister Meira. Winter  was the youngest while Meira was a year older to her.

Meira smirked at her question, "it is tradition winter "

Winter rolled her eyes. She looked at Meira's dark brown hair and brown eyes. She sighed as she realized how different she was from all of them. She was the only one with white hair or dark purple eyes. This was because she had a different  father. She was proud of her lineage nonetheless.

She looked around the room as she sipped water. The large gold room had a red chandelier. Food and drink was laid out for them. One drink in particular was green. She picked it up and drank. It was cold and refreshing.

It reminded her of the Prince whom she had seen. He had seen her roll her eyes!  That could be seen as a symbol of disrespect. She shuddered  to think of what the queen would do if she found out.

The door opened suddenly and all the princesses turned to look at the door. Winter was greeted by a pair of emerald green eyes that stared directly at her.

The oldest princess stepped  forward and bowed. The others followed suit.

"Prince Loki" the princess greeted. Loki bowed as well. He walked toward winter who gulped. He saw the green drink in her hand and smirked mischievously. She placed it down and bowed her head.

"May I know your name princess? " he asked in his velvet smooth voice. She kept her head down. Her long blue  dress with its plunging neck was long and flowed with her curves. Loki involuntarily  gulped.

"Akeira my prince" she said. He lifted her head up. Emerald met purple as he looked at her. His heart fluttered as he saw her beautiful eyes.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Akeira " he says.

"The honor is mine my prince" she said.

The rest of the princesses were smiling. They were always protective of her and were happy  that the Prince was showing interest in her.

"Call me Loki" he smiled and walked out. Soon the older Prince Thor walked in. He talked to the oldest princess, Seraine. She had long brown hair and blue eyes. She was graceful and tall. Winter smiled a small smile.  After the Prince  had left the princesses crowded around Winter.

"You're gonna be married to Prince Loki!! " they squealed.

"He may not choose me Meira!" she said. Internally she was a bit upset. Being given no choice in the matter of your wedding is disconcerting to say the least.

She saw her sisters as they now crowded around a blushing Seraine. She smiled another small smile. She looked at her drink which was on the table and picked it up, she looked at it before downing it. She looked at the window and she could swear she saw green eyes smile at her for a split second.