Chapter 14

"What in the hell  do you think you're doing?" The queens cold voice cut through. Winter turned and looked around.

"Wh.. what.. I'm. Dreaming?" She asked. The queen looked angry. Very very angry.

"Maldir tells me you have been avoiding him." The queen says.

"I told you. I. Will. Not. Let. Him. Touch. Me! "She says deliberately.

"I can destroy you girl" the queen draws closer, "I can make your life a living hell."

"That happened when I was birthed by you." Winter snapped back.

"You don't know what I am capable of " the queen laughed.

"You can't touch me when i am with the royal family." Winter said boldly.

"Oh I won't touch you darling! " The queen cooed  while chuckling, "I'll destroy your life without even touching you"

Winter's heart beat faster, "h.. how?"

"Hehe. You  will see me everywhere and I still will. Not. Touch. You"

"How?"She asked.

"I will plague every second of your day without laying a finger on you!"

"I said  HOW!? "she shouted.

"Through your mind" she whispered near her ear, "will  you listen to Maldir?"

Winter gritted her teeth, "Over my dead body. "

The  queen laughed, "oh child. You're gonna eat those words. The next few  days. You will beg for Maldir just so you can escape the hell that will  become your life"

Before winter could respond everything turned black. She  woke up with a start. The room was dark. Loki was sleeping next to her.  He hadn't worn a shirt. His breathing was calm and even. Winter inhaled  slowly and placed her hand on his shoulder. His cool skin makes her  feel better.  The night was cool. The moonlight shone into their room.  She stabilized her erratic breathing.

She wondered what the queen  was talking about. Then she looked at the chair in the room. A man sat  on the chair. His eyes had a dead look. Blood started to drip from his  head. Winter's eyes widened. She stifled a scream so as not to wake Loki.

She  slowly got up and walked toward the man. Shivers ran through her as She  reached her shaking hand out to touch him. The  hand went through him.  He flickered and disappears. She recoiled in shock. What?

The queens words came to her mind.

"Your life will be a living hell.

Through... your... mind"