Chapter 8

"So Akeira" frigga said softly. Akeira looked up, " do you like it here in Asgard? "

"Yes I do. It is very beautiful. We're  privileged to be here" Akeira said. She looked at the queen who gave the slightest curt nod.  They were all eating dinner together. Seraine, Thor and Loki hadn't arrived yet. It was two days after their wedding.

The door opened and laughter reached their ears. Frigga and Odin smiled as their sons entered. Loki and Thor kissed their mother. Winter looked surprised. She looked at seraine who had come behind them. She had stopped smiling and had become quiet. The queen was glaring at her.

Winter looked at Loki who had given his mother the most loving look she had seen him give. Frigga returned it. Winter looked over at the queen. When the queen saw her looking, she raised and eyebrow and glared. Winter's eyes snapped back down.

"Akeira and Seraine? " frigga called. Their heads snapped up, " would you girls come to my chamber's later please? "

Winter looked at Seraine who's lower lip had the slightest tremble.

"O.. of course your majesty." Winter said. Her heart began to beat fast. Had they done something wrong? Were  they to be punished?

Loki looked at her worriedly. Why were they scared?  He looked around the table. All the sisters were rigid. They sat straight, no word was spoken between them. Something was off. He looked at the queen. She barely looked at her daughters. He looked back at winter. She had worn a dark green dress, with a pardot  neck. it had black lace on it. Those were his colors. They signified that she would be married to him. She looked divine. But some thing. Was wrong. Her expressions were forced. Her responses seemed practiced.

When they proceeded to eat, the girls took so less food that the royal family raised their eyebrows at it. The queen however looked pleased. After they had finished, they proceeded to thank the king and queen.

------------------------

Winter and Seraine walked up to the queens chambers. Winter was breathing heavily.

"Did we do something wrong?" Seraine asked nervously.

"I.. I don't know! " Winter replied with a soft voice as they knocked on the door.

"Enter! " a voice said sweetly. They opened the door nervously. Loki and Thor were sitting on the couch while frigga sat in a nearby chair. They seemed so happy. Winter's heart tugged.

"Ah come in girls! " frigga greeted.

"I.. I'm sorry my majesty" winter said softly, " but.. have we done something wrong? "

She said it with so much sincerity and apprehension that frigga looked at the boys. Loki looked confused.

"Why sweetheart? " frigga said as she stood and walked near them.

"Why else would we be called? " Seraine asked.

"Well" frigga said chuckling, " haven't you ever relaxed with your mother before? "

Winter looked at Seraine with a raised brow and they both shook their head. Loki looked at Thor.

"Well now we are gonna relax. Sit! " she commanded.

Winter nodded and sat on  a couch. Seraine sat near her. Thor looked at Loki. He nodded. Loki snapped his  fingers and soon Seraine found herself  near Thor and Loki was near winter.

Winter blushed a little. Seraine  smiled. Frigga  walked over to winter and stood behind her. Winter tensed as frigga unwinded  her hair.

"I have wanted to do this since I saw your hair" frigga said excitedly. Winter tensed up. Loki slowly snaked his pinky close to hers and gave the slightest touch. It was reassuring.

Frigga began to comb her hair and winter calmed. Frigga made intricate  designs while Thor and Loki laughed and joked with each other. Winter looked at both of them and then at Seraine. They both smiled a small smile. This was a new experience.

When frigga was done Loki stood gaping. The braid that her hair was in was intricate. Few strands of hair fell on her face. The braid trailed over her shoulder and ended near her stomach. It had purple flowers woven through it.

"Is it that bad? " Winter asked as none of them spoke.

"Fantastic! " Thor said.

"Adorable! " Seraine joined.

Winter looked at Loki.

"Divine" he said simply. She blushed. Frigga smiled and started on Seraine's hair.