Chapter 12

Maybe it was all just a dream.

"Akeira? "

Maybe I was just tired and my brain conjured up the most terrifying nightmare ever.

"Akeira?"

Besides. I am the princess of Asgard now. He can not hurt me right? Right?

"AKEIRA?" Three people shouted. Winter jumped and looked around the table. Loki looked worriedly at her while Seraine looked upset.

"The queen is calling you"Seraine said pointing to frigga. Winter looked at frigga.

"..I.. I.. I'm sorry. I just.. I.. zoned out" she stuttered while blinking.

"It's ok dear" frigga said soothingly,"I wanted to ask if you and Seriane would like to come to the markets with me today."

"Oh. Of course your majesty." She said looking at Seraine who still stared at her.

"Mother." Frigga said.

"Wh.. what?" Winter asked confused.

"You must call me mother. Both of you." frigga replied. Winter looked surprised, as did Seraine.

"I.. " she started.

"No. You have no option. You must call me mother" frigga smiled.

"Ok... mother" she said, the word sounding alien on her tongue. Loki smiled brightly. Winter gave a small smile.

"We shall go after lunch" frigga said. Winter nodded. The door opened. A man walked in. Her heart dropped to her stomach. It was him! He walked up to Loki.

"My Prince you are summoned by the warriors three after breakfast."he said in a gruff voice. Loki nodded. As Maldir walked out he threw a look at winter. A short-lived look that confirmed all her doubts. She looked at her plate of unfinished food. Her appetite had flown to a different realm now.

"Are you not hungry?" Loki asked. She looked up at him.

"No.. I... I lost my appetite " she said and looked back at the plate.

After breakfast Akeira stuck close to Seraine. Seraine took her to her room.

"What is wrong with you? Are you ill?" She asks worriedly. Winter looks at her wondering whether to tell her.

"I... I'm ok. I just.. you know. Last night's and stuff. Left me. Quite flustered" she said stuttering. She decided not to tell her after all.

"Oh I understand. The first time is painful" Seraine smiled knowingly. Winter nodded.

That afternoon the queen took them both out to the markets. Sure that Maldir wasn't present there, winter was quite at ease. She even bought a few dresses. When they reached home however she was on needles. She stuck to Seraine like glue. However Seraine had to attend to Thor and left her alone in Loki's room.

She sat on the bed waiting for him to return. She leaned on the bed post. She hadn't slept very well the night before and the bed seemed so comfortable. Just as she began to doze off she felt a presence. At first she assumed it was Loki and didn't mind when he stroked her hair and cheeks.

But wait....Loki was not warm. He was always cool. Her eyes snapped open.

"Maldir?"