Chapter 6

"Do you Thor Odinson take Seraine to be your wife? " Odin said.

" I do" Thor said while smiling.

Winter however wasn't paying attention. She was deep in thought. She looked at Loki who stood near Thor. He was looking at Thor. Loki looked glorious. He was fully dressed in his armor. She looked at the queen. When she met her  frosty eyes she nearly  shuddered. The queen nodded at her. She bowed back.

Her heart was torn. She wanted desperately to scream and shout. But she was forced to maintain her composure. She didn't like crowds.  She tried her best to keep a straight face. Loki could feel her discomfort. He desperately wanted to comfort her. He wondered why he had felt so. He had only met her a few days ago and hadn't talked very much to her either. Yet he felt protective of her. She would be his in a few days. He would protect her in anyway he could. He would give her a reason to smile.

All of a sudden everyone cheered and winter was snapped back to reality. She began to cheer with everyone else. She saw Loki hug Thor. Loki wasn't very happy about it.

There was a large feast. Thor was laughing loudly. It was very boisterous. Winter talked to the few people near her. Soon Meira joined her and she had company.

She soon found herself searching for Loki. She mentally slapped herself. Why was she searching for him?  Idiot. The thought of him confused her. He was intriguing. It seemed like he cared about her. But why would he? 

A sudden shout erupted and she was startled. She saw Thor and Seraine going out of the room. Seraine winked at her before leaving. Winter furiously blushed as she realized why they were leaving. She nearly choked on her drink as Mira reminded her that she would be leaving with Loki herself very soon. As if on cue she met Loki's gaze. He smirked. His smirk was dripping with mischief. The breath was knocked out of her and she downed the entire  drink in a gulp. Loki raised an eyebrow  and did the same.  Meira laughed as she noticed this exchange. Winter looked highly uncomfortable.

That night winter's room was near Thor's. She was unable to sleep however. She walked out and sat as far away from that  room as possible.

"No sleep? "  a voice asked. She turned to find Loki there.

"They're... really.. loud" she said as her cheeks turned red. Loki was wearing a simple black shirt and black pants. His hair was tousled. Winter thought he looked great. She shook her head to stop her thoughts. He came  to stand near her and leaned on the railing.

"Are you not sleepy my prince?" she asked.

"Please call me Loki" he reminded.

"Right. Loki" she said as if testing out the name. Loki shuddered as he heard his name from her tongue. It left him breathless.

"Are you not tired. Loki? " she asked softly. He shook his head as words failed to form. She smiled a small smile. He smiled back. She was wearing a white gown. It was long. It wasn't deep but it was a bit transparent. Her white hair was put in a bun. She had a mark on her neck. Loki presume it was from the collar.  He saw her cheeks turn red as he realized he was staring  and she knew it too.

"May I ask a favor of you? " she asks a bit flustered.

"Of course" he says tearing his gaze away.

" Do not read my mind" she says with a small smile.

"Of course princess" he smirks. She rubs her eyes and in doing so her hair comes undone. It rolls out in beautiful white waves.  She slowly ties it up again.

"Would you be standing the entire night? " Loki asked flustered with the display.

"No. Just. Till.. they're.. done" she stammered and winced.

"Then that shall be the whole night" Loki chuckled. His chuckle turned into a laugh   as he saw her horrified expression. She was adorable!  He closed his eyes and said a spell. She looked curious.

"There. You will not hear them now. I soundproofed your room" he said as he opened his eyes.

She nodded, "thank you Loki"

"Of course princess" he said.